Netflix for OnlineVideos (1 Viewer)

MrGhost

Portal Member
March 13, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I don't think logs not going to help (in this case), I need to see the full html; need to improve login logging.

I assume you mean html from Netflix, so I've added a few. If you need more or specific html, let me know!
Maybe it's also interesting to know that I've a free subscription for the 1st month, maybe that causes the error.
Also, language is set to Dutch.

Hope this helps!
netflix1.JPG
profiles.JPG

p750mmx

Portal Pro
November 2, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Dutch as language is no problem and the one month free description shouldn't also be no problem because you use a login that will also be used when you go-on with the Netflix description after the free month.

Last edited:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I don't think logs not going to help (in this case), I need to see the full html; need to improve login logging.

I assume you mean html from Netflix, so I've added a few. If you need more or specific html, let me know!
    Maybe it's also interesting to know that I've a free subscription for the 1st month, maybe that causes the error.
    Also, language is set to Dutch.

Hope this helps!View attachment 159487 View attachment 159488

Thanks but it is the actual HTML I need to inspect. If you would like to help, you could browse to netflix.com/WiHome with javascript disabled, view the source and copy the HTML to a text file, then PM it to me.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey guys,

Great work done here, though I unfortunately can't get it working. I can login through online videos, i can browse movies and select one to play, then it switches to internet explorer so I can see my desktop or an opened page for a short time, then there is a loading screen with rotating dots and then I'm back in online videos. So it's only playback that doesn't work.
    I updated silverlight and checked all your suggestions from first post. If I try to watch directly in browser it works alright. I'm running Win8.1 with IE 11 - my country is germany.
    Did I miss anything?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey guys,
    Great work done here, though I unfortunately can't get it working. I can login through online videos, i can browse movies and select one to play, then it switches to internet explorer so I can see my desktop or an opened page for a short time, then there is a loading screen with rotating dots and then I'm back in online videos. So it's only playback that doesn't work.
    I updated silverlight and checked all your suggestions from first post. If I try to watch directly in browser it works alright. I'm running Win8.1 with IE 11 - my country is germany.
    Did I miss anything?
    I assume you have updated your sites? Can you measure the time from that you press to play until you come back to MP?
    Main problem for me is that 'I'm not able to test with Windows 8.1, this is a totally separate use-case compared to Windows Vista, 7 and 8.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Hey guys,

Did I miss anything?
    Have experienced same behaviou - sometimes when pressing a movie, it tries to start, but jumps back into OV. If I then try same movie again it works.

/Morten

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm interested in how long time the loading takes in this "crashing" scenario, I think it's a timeout problem.

@Jason Pyke, I have noticed that the Web Request Timeout always is set to the default 15s and ignores the value set in OV configuration. Is there an easy fix for this problem?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    For me it doesn't work to just try it again. It still won't play. And the time varies between 1 and 3 seconds or so.
    :( Ok, since logging doesn't work properly for the Browser Player in this version of OV, the only thing we can do now is to wait for the next release. Otherwise it's only going to be some random guessing.

So one random guess (but I doubt it's the problem)... check you silverlight settings: Enable download and updates to components [...] and enable application storage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom