Netflix for OnlineVideos (6 Viewers)

joesploggs

Portal Member
April 5, 2007
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
This seems to be a logical explanation for what is happening thanks. Plugin working well after heavy usage over the weekend- only issue is there sometimes seems to be a time out when trying to play a show or movie. I need to try opening it multiple times before the stream starts. But this isn't a huge deal for me.

avee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 8, 2008
    This seems to be a logical explanation for what is happening thanks. Plugin working well after heavy usage over the weekend- only issue is there sometimes seems to be a time out when trying to play a show or movie. I need to try opening it multiple times before the stream starts. But this isn't a huge deal for me.
    I had an improvement when I selected the "medium" stream quality in the settings in my Netflix profile. I had it on "Auto" before that, and I had to try thrice before each show would run. Now it mostly works.

Couldn't get the HD working properly on my PC. it would just go slo-mo on me, so "Medium" is the best I can use.

Statick

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just installed this Netflix on OV, can't get it to play though. Got latest versions of MP and OV. Using the UK site. It connects to my account fine, I can browse and select something to play, then when I click to play it MP hides away and the browser player opens up, I see a spinning blue wheel while it connects/buffers, then after 5 seconds or so this closes down and MP comes back. I've tried increasing webrequest to 30 sec in the OV settings but playback fails within 3-5 seconds regardless. I've cleared all cache and cookies for IE, rebooted the machine, restarted MP, etc. Netflix works fine in IE on the same system. Any suggestions? Should I be posting logs?

Statick

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Windows 7, fully updated, with IE 11 and silverlight installed. Netflix working fine within a browser on that system, but not in MP/OV.

puggy

July 9, 2009
    Could ill share it with MrCrabs?

I do have a slightly newer version I can send (I think it's just some extra logging compared to your version @popy). If you could message me your email address @MrCrabs I'll send this version on to you.

Is anyone able to update if this solution worked as I am getting the same dialogue box popping up. Any updates as to when the next release is due out?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Any updates as to when the next release is due out?
    Sorry no info.

@Statick, @joesploggs, @avee and every one else (with or without problems)
    New release:
    • Netflix Home Category: browse the Netflix start page (WiHome).
    • Changes in WebPlayer automation, hopefully it works better for some now.

New settings (Change in Netflix context menu):
    • Enable play now for Netflix home category
    • Show/hide the loading spinner (if hidden you can see what's happening in the browser player while loading, great for debugging purposes)
    • Remember password in browser player, can speed up the play-video-process (loads faster). If you would disable this you have to remove cookies

Ericjuh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just installed this Netflix on OV, can't get it to play though. Got latest versions of MP and OV. Using the UK site. It connects to my account fine, I can browse and select something to play, then when I click to play it MP hides away and the browser player opens up, I see a spinning blue wheel while it connects/buffers, then after 5 seconds or so this closes down and MP comes back. I've tried increasing webrequest to 30 sec in the OV settings but playback fails within 3-5 seconds regardless. I've cleared all cache and cookies for IE, rebooted the machine, restarted MP, etc. Netflix works fine in IE on the same system. Any suggestions? Should I be posting logs?

I have the same problem. Didnt had time to post logs, but in the meantime if somebody finds a solution i would like to know :)

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have the same problem. Didnt had time to post logs, but in the meantime if somebody finds a solution i would like to know
    Can you please disable/hide the loading spinner (do it from the Netflix site context menu) and report what you're seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom