gerit

Portal Member
October 31, 2012
Nuremberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Good evening guys

bad news again.

The playback of a video doesn't work since last week. I can login into my profile and after click on the video the startpage of netflix has been opend and shows the input fields for the user login/password.

It would be nice, if you take a look to this failure.

Best regards
Gerit

tblitton

August 23, 2020
Home Country
Australia Australia
Good evening guys

bad news again.

The playback of a video doesn't work since last week. I can login into my profile and after click on the video the startpage of netflix has been opend and shows the input fields for the user login/password.

It would be nice, if you take a look to this failure.

Best regards
Gerit

I have the same failure - the kids have been complaining so I'd be happy help diagnose and fix if someone can point me in the right direction.

Tim.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just started investigating and I don't know (yet) how to fix it. Somehow logging in works when scraping the site, but not when I do the same trick in the browserhost (that does the actual playback) part.
    This is going to be a hard one, and any technical, low-level help I would really appreciate

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've managed to fix it by delaying the login process to 5 seconds (was 1).
    As this is terribly slow, I have enabled retaining cookies again so that 5 second penalty is only the first time you watch a video (unless cookies are cleared/expired/etc ofcourse).

I disabled cookies in the past because there were issues with selecting profiles, so could you please pay extra attention to it and notify me when the selection goes wrong?

Edit: Apparently it still isn't fixed. to be continued...
    Edit2: Ok, to clarify: the aforementioned issue should be solved, but there still at least one one user who isn't even able to do the login steps when browsing profiles/videos.

Last edited:

lulsam2

Portal Member
    September 2, 2020
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I've managed to fix it by delaying the login process to 5 seconds (was 1).
    As this is terribly slow, I have enabled retaining cookies again so that 5 second penalty is only the first time you watch a video (unless cookies are cleared/expired/etc ofcourse).

I disabled cookies in the past because there were issues with selecting profiles, so could you please pay extra attention to it and notify me when the selection goes wrong?

Edit: Apparently it still isn't fixed. to be continued...
    Edit2: Ok, to clarify: the aforementioned issue should be solved, but there still at least one one user who isn't even able to do the login steps when browsing profiles/videos.
    Hi mate, some doubts:
    • Is it working with the config modification you mentioned above? => delaying the login process to 5 seconds + enable cookies
    • If yes, where could this configs be modified? I was taking a look at the paramiters in the app but could find where are these ones.
    Thanks in advance.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi mate, some doubts:
    • Is it working with the config modification you mentioned above? => delaying the login process to 5 seconds + enable cookies
    • If yes, where could this configs be modified? I was taking a look at the paramiters in the app but could find where are these ones.
    Thanks in advance.

These settings are not user-configurable, they are hardcoded in the source.
    So in the end, if you updated the site (which normally happens automatically) it should just work...

lulsam2

Portal Member
    September 2, 2020
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Sorry to report that it is not working for me, but maybe it is another issue as the error message is something like "Error logging in or loading profiles. Please try again". Tried in 3 different PCs with same results.

Attached are the logs Onlinevideos.log and MediaPortal-Error.log

Let me know if you need more info. Rgds

Attachments

• MediaPortal-Error.log
      174 bytes
    • OnlineVideos.log
      14.4 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, thanks for the info.
    I guess it's probably a region-difference, last week it worked from the netherlands but not in australia.
    I'll have to wait until it stops working here too so I can start debugging.

Edit: now it's not working here either.
    So now at least I have something to poke at

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Has anyone got this working in kodi? If sou could you please help me setting it up? (complete kodi-noob, got to the point where it says inputstream.adaptive installation failed...)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, the 32bits version of kodi works with netflix
    Edit: inputstream.adaptive works sometimes...
    Just as netflix in onlinevideos. Just when I managed to get logging from kodi, netflix suddenly worked in onlinevideos
    This is going to be a nightmare to debug.... Perhaps netflix is playing games with me...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom