Netflix for OnlineVideos (3 Viewers)

highcoder

Portal Member
October 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
@doskabouter: Bad news. New machine (i7 3770S, 16GB RAM, Samsung EVO 850), Win10 2004 x64, Mediaportal 1.24.0, Silverlight, but the same error: "Error logging in or loading Profiles. Please try again."
In IE and FF on the same machine Netflix runs flawless. So Win7 vs Win 10 is not the cause. Any idea? I´m not a developer but administrator. So how can i help you? Logs, Coffee, bad jokes...? ;)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm really annoying. Last time I increased some delays and then it worked... I can do that again, but I feel that is not a viable solution
    Have to think about it more... To be continued

highcoder

Portal Member
    October 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm... I´ve modified the timeouts mentioned in Post #1 too. No luck as expected.
    So, if I can help you let me know.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hm, judging by the code of my kodi-collegue the login with email+password is having difficulties.
    I will see if I can also implement their other way of logging in

Edit: I do see that for that method to work, you have to run a program on a pc with chrome on it every 5 days...
    Edit2: fake news... you only have to do that when the netflix cookies expires (not sure how often that will be)

Last edited:

lulsam2

Portal Member
    September 2, 2020
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Just to confirm the versions of windows 10 that are working correctly in my case:
    • One box with version 2004 (build 19041.572)
    • Two boxes with version 1809 (build 17763.1158)
    Hope this helps

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've just published an update which solves the login issue.
    Only thing I'm not sure about is if the playback is done using the correct profile.
    Can you guys give it a test?

Also test if you remove (the netflix) cookies in internet explorer (with MP closed), see if the login method works ok.
    After this, it should give one category "Login" with one video "Play me"
    If you play this video, you are given the possibility to login on the website. If successfull, you will be taken back to Onlinevideos, showing the video-list with the "Play me" video in it. Just press escape (or back) to get to the root menu of netflix. Then you should see the list of the profiles and after that everything should work as expected

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Hi @doskabouter,

hope you're doing well! Many thanks for all your efforts in keeping this up. Just tested your latest release and in general it works for me. When I delete cookies, I get the "Play me" entry and can enter username and password. After that I can see my profile, etc., and also play videos.

However, it seems as if the plugin doesn't realize that there is a video playing correctly. After about 20 seconds, the browser closes and I'm back in the MP GUI. The reason why I think it's the plugin not realizing all is ok is as follows: If I enable the spinning wheel, I can only hear the sound and see the spinning wheel for 20 seconds and then I'm back in MP. If I disable the spinning wheel, I can see the video as it should be, but am also back in MP after 20 seconds. I already tried setting some of the timeouts either to 0 or to a very large number, but no change.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help appreciated!
    Thanks again and best,
    Michael

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Michael
    Yes I'm doing ok, thanks for asking!

To be honest, I never waited for 20seconds if I saw a video playing.
    Have to dig into that because I removed most of the code (less code is less bugs :) ), and there was probably something in there to keep the playing...

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Many thanks for all your efforts.
    Just to let you know: A workaround is to set the BrowserHostWaitTimeout to a very high value as described in the first post (I used 60000). But this is just a workaround... And it also supports the thesis that it somehow tries to find out whether the video plays correctly, doesn't realize it's playing correctly and closes the player after BrowserHostWaitTimeout.
    Best,
    Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom