Netflix for OnlineVideos (4 Viewers)

mindm49907

Portal Member
June 27, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello everyone,

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I get an error that no one of you has described yet, or that I at least could not find within the previous posts:

I run Mediaportal 1.9 with the latest OV-Version 1.9.0.0 on a Windows 7 HTPC. IE 11 was already installed, Silverlight I installed before trying to use Netflix via OV for the first time. Internet connection is working. I inserted my email-address in the username-field of the settings page of Netflix in OV, and my password in the password field, correspondingly.

I do not even get to see any browser when I try to open the Netflix-page in OV, but get a popup error message that says "Error loading profiles. Please try again". Now I do not know if I have to add something else inside the username field or am missing something else like that, and because nobody but me seems to have this problem, I start to think that I might be the only one who does not understand how to set things up correctly :)

I checked and double checked username and password, updated the sites and cleared browser data (though I never even visited the Netflix page from this PC before). And of course, I own a valid German Netflix account.

Can anyone of you tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I can so to further localize the issue? If I can provide you with data that can help please let me know!

Thank you everyone for your support!

Best regards, mindm49907
@MrGhost reported the same problem in message #190, we discussed the problem some, but I don't now if it works for him now or not.
I have noticed this error one time myself, then it was a temporary error on netflix.com.

Have you updated your Online Videos sites? If no or you are uncertain do it from the manage sites inside OnlineVideos.

Do you have any profiles except the default one? If not please create one more.

If this this doesn't solve your problems can you please send me a PM with the HTML source code of https://www.netflix.com/ProfilesGate and https://www.netflix.com/WiHome. Browse to those pages with javascript disabled.

Hello Ministerk, sorry for my late reply, but I didn't have the time to test your suggestions earlier. Unfortunately, creating a second profile did not help. My sites are up to date. I will send you a PM containing the source code you requested, I visited the sites as you said with JavaScript turned off.

I hope I provided you the right information. If not, or if you need anything else, please let me know!

Thank you again for your help!

mrkk

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi.

After sorting out what turned to be various silverlight-problems, now everything works great!!!

For the first time I'm now able to watch Netflix on Mediaportal! I'm so happy that I still don't need anything else on my house!!

One remote rule them all !!

HUGE THX to Ministerk all you other guys for making this work!!!

Chris Murrell

Portal Member
March 8, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello, i am having the same issues

ERROR LOADING PROFILES. PLEASE TRY AGAIN

I have made different profiles and deleting them and just using using the default and silverlight and IE is updated to IE11

Does anyone else have any other ideas

Please note i am in the UK, does this make any difference?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,
    @Chris Murrell @mindm49907 @MrGhost
    I've made a version of the Netflix util that logs more data.

1) Set log verbosity to debug in Mediaportal settings
    2) Update your sites
    3) In the Netflix settings (in OnlineVideos) enable extra debug
    4) Try to use Netflix in OnlineVideos and get the error
    5) Close Mediaportal
    6) Attach your OnlineVideos.log in this thread.
    7) Also write the names of all your profiles in the message

I'll take a look at the logs when I feel fit (got the flu). I cannot promise that I can fix your problems, but I will try my best!

To all Netflix users: Do not enable extra debug if you not planing to report an error. It write megs of data to log each call/click.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Chris, and thanks for the new log.
    Bad new I'm afraid. The data you are getting differs totally from the data I (and almost all other users) get. I don't know why this is but it could be:
    1) You are using a newer/older version of netflix on the web (canary releasing)
    2) Your account type differs from mine
    3) Your user is in another state than mine
    4) A lot of other reasons.

One thing I would like you to try:
    Browse to Netflix go to "Your Account" (https://www.netflix.com/YourAccount), scroll to Settings and click Test Participation and disable this feature.

I don't know if the change is instant, but it's worth a try. If it does not work today, try it later on again.

Hmm, maybe turn off your social (Facebook) settings also, I don't have them enabled

Chris Murrell

Portal Member
    March 8, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    WOW!

that worked i disabled "Test Participation" and it all worked. thank you very much.

as an FYI, i am also from UK and using 1.10.0 and Netflix is now working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom