Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Since last update the remote control is stuttering.
    What do you mean? Can you please give an example or elaborate your problem? The remote handling has not changed.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ministerk , first of all thanks from my kids, they use netflix a lot :)

they do have one question , everytime they click STOP, it shows mediaportal , but the focus is away on MP, and the MP thumbnail in the taskbar is blinking.
    the only way they can go back to netflix is press the green mce button and select netflix again from online videos. (all other buttons dont seem to work)

is there a way to prevent this "focusstealing" ?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    There is no universal solution for this i think. You can try to enable/disable a couple of things in MP config - mp always on top in full screen and hide task bar when in fullscreen.

In next version of OV the minimizing and restoring of MP when using the BrowserPlayer will change, then you might want to revisit those settings again (as a heads up).

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There is no universal solution for this i think. You can try to enable/disable a couple of things in MP config - mp always on top in full screen and hide task bar when in fullscreen.

In next version of OV the minimizing and restoring of MP when using the BrowserPlayer will change, then you might want to revisit those settings again (as a heads up).
    thanks!, taskbar was already on hide..
    but the Always on top does the trick , not visually , but functional it does.
    the blinking stays, but the remote "listens" also to back button now and you can continue to browse netflix from where you where!
    so works for me :)

mts1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi guys.
    I have no audio in Netflix, other channels work.
    Any thoughts?

mts1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK. Here is the answer to my problem - the sound from the Netflix always goes to the system default device, regardless of the MediaPortal settings. However, other channels, like YouTube, obey the settings.
    Any suggestions/fixes besides making my the audio device I want to use as system default?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK. Here is the answer to my problem - the sound from the Netflix always goes to the system default device, regardless of the MediaPortal settings. However, other channels, like YouTube, obey the settings.

This is because the Netflix player is an external browser window and other channels uses the Mediaportal internal player.

Any suggestions/fixes besides making my the audio device I want to use as system default?

No not really, I think there are some commercial programs out there that can control audio per application but I don't know if they work on newer systems, one example: indievolume.com.

@Jason Pyke is there a way for the browser player to use a non system default audio device?

mts1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

This is because the Netflix player is an external browser window and other channels uses the Mediaportal internal player.
    Oh, I see. That would explain the odd reaction on MP's standard controls key. :)
    Thanks, Ministerk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom