Netflix for OnlineVideos (1 Viewer)

batsi

Portal Member
May 23, 2008
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
This problem is not the same as @cladinshadows85 is/was having (I don't know if he/she solved it - please always report back when you get support, it's common courtesy!).

Back to you, I think your problem is timeout related. Set a higher BrowserHostWaitTimeout in OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config. If you still have problems, disable the loading spinner to see what's happening in the browser player window.

Hi Ministerk,

thanks, looks like you were right with that one, I already turned off the spinner, but I changed so many settings, that I think I lost myself anywhere.
I ran into one issue affter another that day while setting up the new MP, and today I found the reason for one of them what I'd like to share with you.

I usually set IE to delete the history on exit, which did not cause any problem so far. But now (after turning off the spinner) I had the issue that the NetFlix login page claimed that there were technical problems, I should try to log in a few minutes later, while logging in with the browser was no problem.
It took a while to find out, but ut seems that deleting history setting in IE changes anything with cookies or something so that login with OnlineVideos was not possible anymore.
Just if someone runs into the same issue...

CountZer0

Portal Pro
March 16, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Netflix won't load right now. At least it's that way for me. Spinner runs, I hear a few clicking sounds then back to menu.

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Netflix won't load right now. At least it's that way for me. Spinner runs, I hear a few clicking sounds then back to menu.

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk
    Need more info than that to be able to help + got the flu... First guess: it's a timeout issue, see how to solve that a couple of posts above.

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi I'm getting the "Error logging in or loading profiles. Please try again" issue, I have followed the setup instructions to no avail, including disabling test participation in my account
    it works fine in ie11.
    I have just the same issue here. My wife told that she watched Netflix last in wednesday and it worked fine then. I have double checked log in credentials, tried to disable the spinner, increased timeout and enabled debug logging. Onlinevideos debug log isn't created so just the general log file is attached.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm sorry to say Netflix is broken at the moment. I will have to check how much work it is before giving any time estimate. Keeping fingers crossed! The error @micko was having was solved by a quick fix, but there are several other problems.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi

Thanks for the effort. Although, not working for me. Sorry. I've increased browserhost timeout to 60 seconds.
    And browser is not fullscreen aymore with latest update. Or is it because of logging enabled?
    Screenshot of what I see and logs

Br,

ps. I should mention that in captured screenshot credentials flashed for a second, so they are filled in correctly at least, but then this screen is showed, so login fails

Added better logs

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      63.1 KB
    Last edited:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

Thanks for the effort. Although, not working for me. Sorry. I've increased browserhost timeout to 60 seconds.
    And browser is not fullscreen aymore with latest update. Or is it because of logging enabled?
    Screenshot of what I see and logs

Br,

ps. I should mention that in captured screenshot credentials flashed for a second, so they are filled in correctly at least, but then this screen is showed, so login fails

Added better logs
    I have the exact same problem, I didn't clear my IE cache and cookies when trying the above fix, but now I've tried with a "new session" and it does not work...:(

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After restarting mp I checked the site status in online videos. The status was green. I reloaded all my pages and voila Netflix can be watched again. Thank you for the quick fixes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom