Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

nl2rma

Portal Member
    April 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Netflix play in Online videos still works at my system. Only the Continue Play function does not update but this is already a few months

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 5 met Tapatalk

Muffsack

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    First of all, I would like to thank you for this plugin, because it has always done its job perfectly.

But unfortunately I have the following problem recently:
    As soon as I use the plugin and select a movie, I first get the spinning dots and then fall back to the list. However, signing up for Netflix seems to work, as I receive the login email every time I try to play.
    However, I can log in to Netflix via the browser (IE11) and also watch videos.

I'm grateful for any hint. (please tell me if you need logs and where I will find the necessary logs)

Is it possible for Netflix also to use HTML5, as it is already possible in Amazon Prime DE?

Kind regards and many thanks in advance

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did anything change on your end?
    If so, that could give a hint on how to solve it...
    Logs you can create according to here: WatchDog

And about html5, is that in some way better than what it is now?
    Don't have any experience (don't use it myself) with netflix/amazonprime, I only do some bugfixes and troubleshooting...

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, I checked and there are people using netflix without problems, so it's not the plugin itself.
    Probably something browser related, or windows related.
    Can I get a full set of logs please?
    Here you go. I could not reproduce the error stating that no player would be registered but it did not work nevertheless ...
    First logs are with Netflix debug disabled, on second try I enabled them.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-10-15-20.40.08.zip
      85.4 KB
    • MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-10-15-21.08.22.zip
      235.7 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, that's going to take some investigation time.
    Not much experience digging through MP2 logs, and there are some errors (trakt, and especially log4net) to check if they have anything todo with your failures.
    Can't promise anything, apart from this being at the top of my list.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you check which log4net version you are using?
    log4net.dll should be located somewhere in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client" or one of its subfolders.
    If you have multiple different dll's then it's best to check with a procexp (view/show lower pane and view/lower pane view/dlls)

That would at least shed some light on the errors when logging.

And also try to find OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config somewhere in your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client" folder (should be a OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe next to it), and edit it to enable WriteDebugLog, enable DebugMode and set a sensible (folder must exist!) path in DebugLogPath.

please try again and post the client.log and the logfile you specified in the .exe.config file.

Muffsack

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did anything change on your end?
    If so, that could give a hint on how to solve it...
    Logs you can create according to here: WatchDog

And about html5, is that in some way better than what it is now?
    Don't have any experience (don't use it myself) with netflix/amazonprime, I only do some bugfixes and troubleshooting...

Hi,
    thank you for your quick reply and sorry for my late response. :unsure:

First of all: I've got it running again with the hint to extend the "BrowserHostWaitTimeout" in the "OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config" here in this thread. :)

But I want to explain, what happens before:
    You are right, there was a massive change in my system: I've changed the mainboard and as result there was a lot in the configuration to fix. But in the end everything works fine except netflix... - this was the reason for my request...

For the Amazon Prime DE plugin I had to change to HTML5 player (at the OnlineVideo settings) and I've also tried a lot to fix some silverlight issues with the skygo plugin.
    The reason to ask for HTML5 for netflix was to avoid those awful silverlight issues.

Kind regards and many thanks for your support

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom