Netflix for OnlineVideos (3 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Aha, nice to hear that one problem is solved!

Edit: and to be honest, I really don't know if netflix uses silverlight or html5...

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you check which log4net version you are using?
    log4net.dll should be located somewhere in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client" or one of its subfolders.
    If you have multiple different dll's then it's best to check with a procexp (view/show lower pane and view/lower pane view/dlls)

That would at least shed some light on the errors when logging.

And also try to find OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config somewhere in your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client" folder (should be a OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe next to it), and edit it to enable WriteDebugLog, enable DebugMode and set a sensible (folder must exist!) path in DebugLogPath.

please try again and post the client.log and the logfile you specified in the .exe.config file.
    I will do this as soon as I can ...

BTW: trakt should be out of the equation. I removed the plugin temporarily and the result was still the same.

Edit:
    log4net version is 1.2.11.0
    logfiles are attached - but I had to enable debugMode in iexplore.exe.config in order to get one. And the test result was different this time. I could see the start screen of one of our childrens profile in window mode. The screen stayed for a while and then disappeared. Regardeless which profile I used to start a video the profile in the window was always the same.

Attachments

• Client.log
      1.4 MB
    • iexplore-DEBUG.log
      2.5 KB
    Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is the time in the iexplore-debuglog between "Performing Log in" and "Log in failed" 40 seconds?
    If so try increasing it more...

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No change even with 80 seconds.

But as I had more time now before the window disappeared I tried something. In the window that opens I left the selected profile and chose the one I started the video in MePo with. And it started to play. I stopped it and started a second try: and it played right away (iexplore-DEBUG(2).log). So I tried a different video - and it did not work. I got stuck in the same child profile again (iexplore-DEBUG(3).log). So the problem seems to be the profile change ...

Attachments

• iexplore-DEBUG(2).log
      3.5 KB
    • iexplore-DEBUG(3).log
      2.5 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Indeed strange. For the working video the login uses the /browse url to start with (somehow after a while changing to /kids) and for the non-working video it started the login on the /kids url.
    Does that sound logical?

I think this is going to take quite some debugging to see what the cause is.

Do you know if it's also going wrong in MP1?
    Are you willing to share some credentials so I can try if I can replicate it on my pc? That would speed up the debugging quite a lot (at least if it's also going wrong here).

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, that rules out 1 thing. Win7 on your laptop by any chance?
    Still trying to figure out how to best debug this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom