doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I still don't get it.
    Just tried setting my profile to kids, but that too works correctly.
    Somehow for yet unknown reason, netflix on your end redirects the Netflix to https://www.netflix.com/Kids and then the login fails.
    Is that something you can reproduce in a browser? Make sure you also try this in a browsersession that doesn't log in automatically ( by clearing cookies, using a browser which doesn't have logincookies for netflix, or in a private browser session?)

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, it's not reproduceable in the browser. It stays at the profile selection.

I tried something (on the laptop). I logged out in the window opened by MePo (iexplore-DEBUG.log) and on the next try (without restarting MePo) I was not led to the childs profile - but the video did not start either (iexplore-DEBUG(2).log)... After a restart the same video as in the previous try started. I stopped it, went to another profile and started a video - and we are back to where we started (iexplore-DEBUG(3).log) (n).
    Another try: start video in MePo, leave Kids mode in opened window and enter previously in MePo selected profile. After a while the video starts (iexplore-DEBUG(4).log). Stop and start another video in the same profile - Netflix starts in profile selection and opens another childs profile (video could have been played after entering the child lock pin) (iexplore-DEBUG(5).log) ...

Attachments

• iexplore-DEBUG(5).log
      2.6 KB
    • iexplore-DEBUG(4).log
      2.6 KB
    • iexplore-DEBUG(3).log
      2.6 KB
    • iexplore-DEBUG(2).log
      1.7 KB
    • iexplore-DEBUG.log
      2.7 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it's starting to make less and less sense...
    but did you say child lock pin? Is that something in mediaportal, or netflix?

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think so. This pin was there before and it would not explain, why the wrong profile is selected.

Maybe we really need an own, dedicated plugin for e.g. Netflix because I would imagine this to be easier to debug. I tried the one for Kodi and it worked right away. If I could only write in C# (or Python to understand what the Kodi plugin does) ...

And with that said I checked the GitHub repository of the mentioned plugin and found this (fixed) login issue. Could this be the cause?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    First, I don't think a dedicated plugin would solve this problem, in the end, you do have to do similar tricks to get the video to play.
    I will investigate kodi's code and see if I can find anything that's going to help.

DaBrain81

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I had the same problem as discribed. Netflix hang at the Kids Profile. I was able to get it back working.

The problem seems to be related to the Netflix login already stored in Internet Explorer. So i opened the "normal" internet Explorer and cleared all cookies and login credentials within the browser.
    After that, Netflix in MePo is working again.

Greetings.

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Although I was pretty sure this could not be the cause in my case (never logged in to Netflix on my laptop before and not with IE on my HTPC) I tried your solution. Too bad I was right and it changed nothing ...

DaBrain81

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Its hard for me to beliebe we have the same problem but different root causes. What happens if you open the IE on your HTPC and open netflix.com? Are you already signed in or do you have to login yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom