New Ambient Lighting system - no knowledge (1 Viewer)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    How fast are you please??? Where did you get the stripes so fast?

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, only once in the last few years have i ordered something from china that actually arrived. And that one time i used DHL for shipping. With ~35€ for shipping you end up with similar prices you get here in Germany directly. My leds are currently at the post office, as i wasnt home when they tried to deliver =(.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now everything is setup and my tv is again on the wall. The first impressions were awesome, but after i setup atmolight, some problems came up.

1. The last led is works, but not with hyperion/atmolight. This led stays with the same color. But sometimes it changes the color to another and again its stays with this color. Don't know why this happens. Any suggestions?
    2. The bottom stripe is to near at the wall. The problem right now is that i see every led from my couch. I think i need to face the leds directly to the bottom :/
    3. Sometimes the colors seem not as exactly as other times. Maybe i need to do some color calibration. Can someone help me here? Or give me some example settings?
    Btw: Here is a picture were the rainbow effect is showing. Awesome :D

Attachments

• DSC_0563.JPG
      DSC_0563.JPG
      968.4 KB

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The last led is works, but not with hyperion/atmolight. This led stays with the same color. But sometimes it changes the color to another and again its stays with this color. Don't know why this happens. Any suggestions?

If you display full white does the last led do anything at all?
    Also if you used HyperCon to make the config best to double check if the led count is correct just in case, afterwards would check the created Hyperion config file to see if the led order / count is indeed correct (one user had an issue with that some time ago).

Sometimes the colors seem not as exactly as other times. Maybe i need to do some color calibration. Can someone help me here? Or give me some example settings?

Probably have to play with the gamma settings in HyperCon, with WS2812 I have them like this:

Code:
                    "saturationGain" : 1.0000,
                     "valueGain"      : 1.0000
                    },
                    "red" :
                    {
                        "threshold"  : 0.0000,
                        "gamma"      : 2.0000,
                        "blacklevel" : 0.0000,
                        "whitelevel" : 1.0000
                    },
                    "green" :
                    {
                    },
                    "blue" :
                    {
                    }
                }
            ],
            "smoothing" :
            {
                "type"            : "linear",
                "time_ms"         : 200,
                "updateFrequency" : 24.0000,
                "updateDelay"     : 0
            }

From the Hyperion android app you can also do live calibration (HSV menu) and afterwards copy the values from there.
    Also for linear smoothing would increase the default 100ms to 200ms which is nice and smooth, have a few sample configs attached in the Hyperion DIY topic.

Last edited:

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    I am a bit behind...did just put the Pi together and installed Openelec and Hyperion. Do I have to alter the config files? I only did so far in config.txt:

# Ambilight Modul aktivieren
    dtparam=spi=on

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also if you used HyperCon to make the config best to double check if the led count is correct just in case, afterwards would check the created Hyperion config file to see if the led order / count is indeed correct (one user had an issue with that some time ago).

Probably have to play with the gamma settings in HyperCon, with WS2812 I have them like this:

Code:
                    "saturationGain" : 1.0000,
                     "valueGain"      : 1.0000
                    },
                    "red" :
                    {
                    },
                    "green" :
                    {
                    },
                    "blue" :
                    {
                    }
                }
            ],
            "smoothing" :
            {
                "type"            : "linear",
                "time_ms"         : 200,
                "updateFrequency" : 24.0000,
                "updateDelay"     : 0
            }

From the Hyperion android app you can also do live calibration (HSV menu) and afterwards copy the values from there.
    Also for linear smoothing would increase the default 100ms to 200ms which is nice and smooth, have a few sample configs attached in the Hyperion DIY topic.
    Thanks Rick for your help. Will do and report back.

I am a bit behind...did just put the Pi together and installed Openelec and Hyperion. Do I have to alter the config files? I only did so far in config.txt:

# Ambilight Modul aktivieren
    dtparam=spi=on
    @Rick
    Is it really necessary to install openelec?I mean for what do we need a full blown Kodi? I've just used raspian Jessie, and besides my problems it works fine.

What app is this on TV? I thought with this config only either MP or Kodi will work with that ambilight?

Just started the rainbow effect of hyperion from the app. There were no connection to the image of the TV. On the screen is android TV.

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it really necessary to install openelec?I mean for what do we need a full blown Kodi? I've used just raspian Jessie, and besides my problems it works fine.

OpenElec is easier because it has all the supported modules and documentation, others will work fine though but might have no documentation so not as good for new users :)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes it is also white, but it could be that it is a little little little lesser white. Maybe too less voltage? Do i need to connect the end of the stripe also to the psu? Right now the power is connected to the mid of the stripe.
    I've checked the count. 222 leds are in the config :/ I've used 72 on top/bottom and 39 left/right. So this should be correct.

Btw: Which value do you used for overlap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom