New Ambient Lighting system - no knowledge (6 Viewers)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
HA! :D

thanks both of you :D Finally the last led is working right. I've used the binary mentioned in the pull request. Just copied it to /usr/bin/ (Before i've made a backup of the old one, of course). Then set the correct rights. Rebooted the server and tada, all lights are working :D

Now i'm really happy with this setup. The colors are also much better with ricks settings :D

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Short update: all parts from AliExpress arrived before christmas, but I didn't have the time for buying elko an resistor...time will come :)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Short update: all parts from AliExpress arrived before christmas, but I didn't have the time for buying elko an resistor...time will come :)
    Thats just sad =(.

Just fyi, im actually not using a cap or a resistor. Its just a recommendation for protection. So if you are feeling lucky you can do it without them. Today should be fine, i mean there is nothing else going on today, is there? =)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Just fyi, im actually not using a cap or a resistor. Its just a recommendation for protection. So if you are feeling lucky you can do it without them. Today should be fine, i mean there is nothing else going on today, is there? =)
    Yeah, except a big flu, a terribly hurting knee, a 11 month old boy not wanting to eat or sleep, a 6-year-old princess which is acting like a princess and a wife which is quite a perfectionist (with a bad mood when its not perfect)...

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Guys, as I have 5m LED strip and only need around 3-3,5m: could I simply cut off lets say 30 LEDs and play around with it? Trying soldering, trying config and so on? Or does anything speak against this?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Cutting is no problem at all, every led can operate independently so once you decide to use the remaining 3-3,5M you can just solder that like you did the 30 leds.
    Would start at the beginning of the strain (where the arrow is pointing away from it) for WS2801 / APA102 as otherwise you're cutting them in reverse.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Just to be sure: it makes no differnce if I cut the first 30 LEDs for testing reason at the beginning of the strain and after that the cutting for the real scenario?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom