New Australian TV guide source (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusmann

Portal Pro
October 22, 2005
The program actually does remove characters that don't mix well with XML, including "&". Which specific character appeared?

I'm doing a total channel list re-write so stay tuned.

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Run minimised?

Hi Angusmann,

Thanks for the excellent grabber. :) As always with your applications, it works reliably and easily.

One question though, is the "run minimised" option being implemented soon? I would really appreciate this option as it currently takes the focus from Mediaportal by minimising it. I could probably fix this by setting Mediaportal to "always on top" but then if I do this and I have a problem with MP, I can't get the Task Manager to the front to kill MP.

Thanks for your excellent work,

Regards,

Nick Name

redeye19987

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The program actually does remove characters that don't mix well with XML, including "&". Which specific character appeared?

I'm doing a total channel list re-write so stay tuned.

OK so now that I have had more time to look, it was not an "&" symbol I believe it was "Greater than &gt" and Less than &lt" it was just that when I did a search of my own when I thaught this may have been causing the problem I started with "&" and of course that was where the problem was, just not the problem :oops: So here it the entry that causes the error:

Antenna Pacific
    40 Kimata

Comedy Series.A modern fairytale that borrows facts from tales like &lt;<BEAUTY Beast the and>&gt; and &lt;<THE the Shrew of Taming>&gt;.Starring Lina Sakka Mihalis Marinos karmen Rougeri.
    Comedy

Looking forward to your next version. I am a big fan of the package you have put together!

redeye19987

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    GuideDigger has been significantly updated to 4.0

To summarize :
    -------------------
    It now has a "Run Minimized" option.
    Channels are now grouped according to your region, making selection easier.
    Many channels (such as ABC1) are now split into multiple regions, so the Perth people don't see the Sydney data.
    The Pay-TV channels are totally updated. Old ones gone, new ones added.

On the inside...
    The scraping routines were updated and are now at least twice as fast.

See the screen shots for a view of the channel selection changes.

Users should already have a link for download.

Please note - because the channel selection is now so different, the program setup needs to be re-run. You only have to do it once.

Enjoy !

Attachments

• img2.gif
      img2.gif
      21.3 KB
    • img1.gif
      img1.gif
      24 KB

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Fantastic, works with the speed of light compared to previous versions.
    Much appriciated.

redeye19987

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi angusmann,

Have had a few conflicts with characters but waited till you posted this new version to see if they were resolved. Unfortunately I still have some issues. The speed in this new version is awesome, especially seeing as though I am grabbing all the Foxtel channels. So on to my problems:

The & character appearing has been resolved with your change though it now replaces it with the symbol. Example &gt now shows as ">" and &lt now shows as "<". and these are creating the conflict in the xml. My above example now looks like this:
    &lt;<BEAUTY Beast the and>&gt; and &lt;<THE the Shrew of Taming>&gt;
    <<Beauty and the Beast the>> and <<The Taming of the Shrew>>

There is also another example of this happening on channel Nick Jr:
    Nick Jr
    Dora the Explorer
    The Big Red Chicken's Magic Show
    ABRACADABRA! The Big Red Chicken's putting on a magic show for all of his friends. With an 'abracadabra,' he pulls a rabbit out of his hat, but when it's time to make the bunny disappear, it doesn't work! The Big Red Chicken tries again but he drops his wand and <POOF>! the Big Red Chicken shrinks down to bunny-size and the bunny disappears with his magic wand. Oops! We need to go to Magic Land to get the magic wand back so the Big Red Chicken can get big again! First we go to the Card Castle, where we have to do a card trick with the Queen of Hearts, then our friend Najim teaches us the Egyptian cup and ball trick to go through the Magic Cup Forest, and finally we get to Bunny Hill where we find the bunny with the magic wand!

Anyway, once I have removed those characters from the xml I then run into a third issue to which my error log shows:
    The ',' character, hexadecimal value 0x2C, cannot be included in a name.

I have tracked this down to somewhere in channel Nick Jr on the 20-05-09 though I had the same error yesterday in Discovery science?? I can not for the life of me find where this error lies, any thoughts? This is a little painful as I am finding myself correcting the xml every day so that the data imports correctly.:mad:

I know I am the only one that has highlighted this issue so is anyone else grabbing all of the Foxtel Channels or just some of them? Any help would be much appreciated!

redeye19987

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    My aplogies...the filter did not work properly.

Anybody affected this way can update to 4.1 from the download site.

The 4.1 update only corrects this problem and it only occurs on specific channels so no need to update if you don't see the problem.

A quick way to update is just replace the file "guidedigger.tkn" with the one in the .rar file. All other files (including guidedigger.exe) can remain the same.

Hi angusmann,

Have had a few conflicts with characters but waited till you posted this new version to see if they were resolved. Unfortunately I still have some issues. The speed in this new version is awesome, especially seeing as though I am grabbing all the Foxtel channels. So on to my problems:

The & character appearing has been resolved with your change though it now replaces it with the symbol. Example &gt now shows as ">" and &lt now shows as "<". and these are creating the conflict in the xml. My above example now looks like this:
    &lt;<BEAUTY Beast the and>&gt; and &lt;<THE the Shrew of Taming>&gt;
    <<Beauty and the Beast the>> and <<The Taming of the Shrew>>

There is also another example of this happening on channel Nick Jr:
    Nick Jr
    Dora the Explorer
    The Big Red Chicken's Magic Show
    ABRACADABRA! The Big Red Chicken's putting on a magic show for all of his friends. With an 'abracadabra,' he pulls a rabbit out of his hat, but when it's time to make the bunny disappear, it doesn't work! The Big Red Chicken tries again but he drops his wand and <POOF>! the Big Red Chicken shrinks down to bunny-size and the bunny disappears with his magic wand. Oops! We need to go to Magic Land to get the magic wand back so the Big Red Chicken can get big again! First we go to the Card Castle, where we have to do a card trick with the Queen of Hearts, then our friend Najim teaches us the Egyptian cup and ball trick to go through the Magic Cup Forest, and finally we get to Bunny Hill where we find the bunny with the magic wand!

Anyway, once I have removed those characters from the xml I then run into a third issue to which my error log shows:
    The ',' character, hexadecimal value 0x2C, cannot be included in a name.

I have tracked this down to somewhere in channel Nick Jr on the 20-05-09 though I had the same error yesterday in Discovery science?? I can not for the life of me find where this error lies, any thoughts? This is a little painful as I am finding myself correcting the xml every day so that the data imports correctly.:mad:

I know I am the only one that has highlighted this issue so is anyone else grabbing all of the Foxtel Channels or just some of them? Any help would be much appreciated!

redeye19987

redeye19987

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Excellent work! All working fine now!

On a side note, is there a way to get back into setup once you have ticked to always minimise? Not a big problem now that I got it working though would be handy in case some alterations are needed. Also the groupings of channels are great though it means that every channel needs to be re-named to match my tvserver channels list due to the grouping prefix.

Anyway, not too important, just some feedback. Am a very happy customer now!

redeye19987

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    If you selected "Run Minimized" it does exactly that....runs minimized but you can still restore the window to full size.

You should still see a "GuideDigger" tab on the taskbar. Just click it and the window should restore to its normal size.

Remember you have 5 seconds to press the button to enter setup mode or it will go to grabbing mode.
    You must restore the window to full size and select setup mode within this 5 seconds.

Or you can manually edit gdigger.ini using notepad and remove the line that says "runminimized". It will then run normally, and visible.

Or you can change the 5 second time delay to something longer by adding a new line that says:
    td1=X
    Where "X" is your preferred time delay in seconds.
    td1=20 <----- would give you 20 seconds to enlarge the window and press the button.

Enjoy !

Excellent work! All working fine now!

On a side note, is there a way to get back into setup once you have ticked to always minimise? Not a big problem now that I got it working though would be handy in case some alterations are needed. Also the groupings of channels are great though it means that every channel needs to be re-named to match my tvserver channels list due to the grouping prefix.

Anyway, not too important, just some feedback. Am a very happy customer now!

redeye19987

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom