New Australian TV guide source (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    hi guys,does anyone know how to reset/stop the import force function in the server? mine is stuck on tvguide.xml already updating...
    i cant stop it, tried reboot turning off the plugin etc! no go so far appreciate any help as my EPG is being a PITA!!
    Hi bizkit,

This may work. Open the 'Control Panel', then open 'Administrative Tools' and then open 'Services'. In 'Services', scroll down until you find 'TV Server' and 'Stop' it and then 'Start' it. Note: You could just 'Restart' it but that doesn't always work as well as a true 'Stop' and 'Start'.

Good luck,

Nick Name.

bizkit

Portal Member
    July 15, 2007
    Home Country
    thanks for the idea nickname but ive already tried that, no help! im sure its screwing around with my EPG data in meadiportal too, this morning it was actually there for a short time!
    i need to be able to stop this process before i can test anything else...

UPDATE:
    i put the timeshift to 01 minute pressed update and voila!!
    i still dont have data in my guide though?!? i have a working xml file, it says i have imported successfully what can be going wrong here??!

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Hi Bizkit,

I think the DVB (over the air) download of the EPG may be overwriting your XML import(?) That would explain why you saw it in the morning but then it was gone as I experienced the same thing.

FYI. I was just using DVB EPG but the latest (for me) MP version of 1.01 stopped most but not all of the channels being populated??? Therefore I went back to GuideDigger and noticed that when the XML guide was successfully imported, if I went and tried using Manual import of DVB EPG it would blow away the XML import. Try turning off the "Delete before Import" option (even though it says "not recommended").
    I find quite confusing myself trying to get the EPG working as I don't know which has priority "over the air" EPG or XML file EPG. I think the logical thing is use the XML information but replace it with DVB information only if it is available, as one would think that broadcast EPG would be more current/accurate then published XML information(?)

Anyway I hope that helps,

Nick Name.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Yes, the xmltv import (via the xmltv plugin) stomps all over your DVB EPG additions. I could not work out how to stop this either. Also, if you click on "refresh EPG" in the manual control of TV server, it completely empties the database of EPG entries.

If you want to use DVB for EPG on some channels and an xmltv file like guidedigger for others, your best bet would be to use Big Kev's EPG importer rather than the xmltv plugin. You can set DVB EPG grabs on the channels you want in TV Server, and then map the xmltv import to specific MP channels in Big Kev's application, and it won't delete data in other channels that you don't map.

If you want to use guidedigger for everything, then by all means use xmltv plugin for the import, but make sure you turn off DVB EPG grabbing on all channels.

IINoddyII

February 23, 2008
    just wanted to say thanks very much angusmann for GuideDigger - works a dream :)

Not sure if anybody has suggested it - but would it be possible to have a check box so you can select all channels for a region to grab in future - rather than having to select every individual one?

bizkit

Portal Member
    July 15, 2007
    Home Country
    my DVB grabbing was turned off? channels had a check box on but hte overall check box at the top of the page to use it or not was off, so i dunno hwat happened there. basically ive set the adjustment forward 1 minute, pressed import and the already importing went away!! YEY!
    now all works well again, i dont know hwat was happening but this has worked, and i agree with everyone this is by far the best and easiest EPG grabber!
    WELL DONE

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    Just added a button (not a check-box) to do this.
    Upgrade to 4.3 if you want it.

just wanted to say thanks very much angusmann for GuideDigger - works a dream :)

Not sure if anybody has suggested it - but would it be possible to have a check box so you can select all channels for a region to grab in future - rather than having to select every individual one?

gednz

Portal Member
    August 6, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

This sounds like what I'm looking for
    Where can I download this grabber?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom