New Australian TV guide source (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusmann

Portal Pro
October 22, 2005
No I didn't know so thanks for the heads-up.
This new channel is not yet listed with the guide data source but I'm sure it will be within a few days. When that happens I'll make an update to add the new channel. Look at "changelog.txt" on the download page to see the details of each update.

Hey angusmann not sure if your aware but SBS is starting SBS2 tonight.
SBS - Special Broadcasting Service
Cheers and thanks for the great job :)

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    It looks like the guide angusmann grabs for SBS News is for SBS 2, doing a quick compare of the guide on the SBS site and my EPG for tonight. Looks like SBS News has just changed to SBS 2.

MadMagpie

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Samo,

In the field where you put "C:\Program Files\guidedigger\guidedigger.exe", just add "C:\Program Files\guidedigger\guidedigger.tkn" after it.
    Therefore the line will look like:
    "C:\Program Files\guidedigger\guidedigger.exe" "C:\Program Files\guidedigger\guidedigger.tkn"

This makes Guidedigger.exe run with the argument of "C:\Program Files\guidedigger\guidedigger.tkn"

Hope this helps,

Nick Name

this worked for me, the only trouble I had was the task scheduler needs a user password to work, which caused me to have to log on to the computer (xp) every time it starts up, I used this M$ guide to fix it:
    How to turn on automatic logon in Windows XP
    How to turn on automatic logon in Windows XP

only posting this as it may save someone from pulling their hair out :)

thnx for this grabber, it works a treat.

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    Program is updated to deal with the new naming system for SBS

SBS became SBS ONE
    SBS news became SBS TWO
    SBS HD is unchanged

When you run the program in setup mode it will notify you that "SBS" and "SBS News" no longer exist.
    You can then just go the the select channels and add the new ones.."SBS ONE" and "SBS TWO"

It looks like the guide angusmann grabs for SBS News is for SBS 2, doing a quick compare of the guide on the SBS site and my EPG for tonight. Looks like SBS News has just changed to SBS 2.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi - can I please get a copy of this great looking program?? Thanks heaps for making it Angusmann - can't wait to give it a bash :)

WOW - your program ROCKS!! Thanks so much! (I can't believe I didn't find this earlier....!!)

I have one very minor problem with your fantastic program - I can't seem to find Fox Sports 1 and Hallmark - are they named something unusual (or are my eyes cross-eyed?!)

Thanks again for your great program!

(I'm using RC4.4)

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    Mmmmmm....my fault....somehow I missed these channels. Probably coded this with bleary eyes in the middle of the night.....
    I don't have Foxtel so it's easy not to notice.

Find those 2 channels in Foxtel Analog. The guide listings are exactly the same.
    I'll add them into Foxtel Digital with the next release.

---->>Now is updated to 4.5 to include those channels in Foxtel Digital <<----
    ---->>The update is not essential...you get the same result using the advice above<<----

I can't seem to find Fox Sports 1 and Hallmark - are they named something unusual (or are my eyes cross-eyed?!)
    (I'm using RC4.4)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    ah - can't believe I didn't think of that *opps*.

Works great now :) Thanks again.

BTW in the digital setup Fox Sports 1 is absent and Fox Sports 2 actually has the programming for Fox Sports 1 (I'm using the guide info from Foxtel analog as you suggested which is fine - just wanted to let you know.)

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    Aaarghhh....fixed that also now.
    4.6 has this fixed now (at least I think!)

By the way...for a quick update, no need to download the entire rar file. Just download guidedigger.tkn and replace the one you already have. It's a much smaller download (120k vs. 1200k) and it's the only thing that actually needs changing.

BTW in the digital setup Fox Sports 1 is absent and Fox Sports 2 actually has the programming for Fox Sports 1 (I'm using the guide info from Foxtel analog as you suggested which is fine - just wanted to let you know.)

pantner

Portal Member
    June 16, 2009
    Home Country
    This look exactly what i need...

is this avalible for download anywhere??? seems like a lot of work to PM all these people whenever you update the program!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom