New Australian TV guide source (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusmann

Portal Pro
October 22, 2005
Check your PM's for a more detailed answer.

There are multiple "hidden" settings that the majority of users don't need. Most of them, unless used properly would totally mess up the program. It's password protected for a reason...so that people can't mess with it unless they get proper instructions.

One of those hidden settings would probably sort out your problem so check your PM's.

Question for angusmann...

The "upload up and downlod from ftp" settings...what does that actually do?

Can you specify an FTP location for this to upload to, then have multible machines download from there???

The computer i am looking at using it on may not have direct internet access, but it will have access to the network (long story :p)

and what is in the "advanced options"? what is the password to get into it???

eivind

Portal Member
October 10, 2006
Home Country
How to run GuideDigger at set time of day (coming out of hibernation)

I've got the latest GuideDigger, and it works just great (thanks, angusmann!!!).

However, wanting to reduce power usage, I've now set my htpc up to hibernate between recordings etc via the PowerScheduler plugin. This works just fine. However, this leaves the question, how to schedule the EPG update with GuideDigger, since the machine will be off most of the time?

I tried using the MP (tv server) setting to have the machine wake up once a day and run guidedigger as a command; however, the tv server adds an "epg" command-line part that GD barfs on, and thus I can't accomplish auto EPG update this way.

Any other ways I can get this to work?

Eivind

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I use Windows Scheduler to wake the PC (from Standby) twice a week at 3:00am to run a batch file that in turn launches a disk defrag and then runs GuideDigger - works wonderfully ... ;)

eivind

Portal Member
    October 10, 2006
    Home Country
    I use Windows Scheduler to wake the PC (from Standby) twice a week at 3:00am to run a batch file that in turn launches a disk defrag and then runs GuideDigger - works wonderfully ... ;)

Thanks, I'll try this.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hey angusmann, have you got the new Channel Go that starts this Sunday covered yet?

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    Hey angusmann, have you got the new Channel Go that starts this Sunday covered yet?

Nope, not yet, as of August 5. I can't add new channels before they actually appear at the source. There are specific code numbers that can't be calculated or guessed...they just have to be found and added into the program when they appear.

As soon as the data appears it will be added. I'm sure this won't be more than a week or so, probably less.

If you've got version 5 or later, and have auto-update set, it should all happen automatically. Once the update happens you will still have to enter setup mode, add the channel and re-name it to match the mediaportal name.

csapollo

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country
    As soon as the data appears it will be added. I'm sure this won't be more than a week or so, probably less.

Hi Angus. I've been using your grabber for a while now.. it's still going strong. By far the best grabber I've ever used, I really appreciate all the hard work you've put into this.

I'm currently running Windows 7 Ultimate, with MP1.1a and GD5 and it's all working great. Cheers!

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    Go! appeared Thursday morning.

-------UPDATE--------------

Version 5.1 is now available and includes the new channel for all regions.

Auto-update will get you the new version but you still have to run setup and add the channel to the grab list.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom