New Australian TV guide source (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hit me up with a link for that epg for australia plzzzz

i sent u a PM

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    For some reason mine has stopped working. I get segment not available for everything.

Merry Christmas!

A quick test here shows everything works fine for me.

If you have the "enable logging" option ticked, send me a PM with the first 20 and last 20 or so lines of the file "log.txt" in the program directory and I'll have a look.

Without looking at the log it's a bit hard to troubleshoot. Send me a PM with some more detail of your setup also.

thargs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    I have just installed latest Mediaportal with TVserver. Installed GD. Grabbed fine. Exported tvguide.xml fine. However I had to make

1. A xmltv folder in Mediaportal folder (it didnt have one)
    2. Had to creat xmltv.dtd file in xmltv folder (using Tvserver xmltv plugin so it said I need it there)

Im just testing at the moment and dont have channels in TVserver yet. However I imported the tvguide.xml file as per xmltv plugin and it said I imported 12 channels. However it didnt import channel data and say it was a success.

So have I done anything wrong yet?

Op system is XP Pro.

redeye19987

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have just installed latest Mediaportal with TVserver. Installed GD. Grabbed fine. Exported tvguide.xml fine. However I had to make

1. A xmltv folder in Mediaportal folder (it didnt have one)
    2. Had to creat xmltv.dtd file in xmltv folder (using Tvserver xmltv plugin so it said I need it there)

Im just testing at the moment and dont have channels in TVserver yet. However I imported the tvguide.xml file as per xmltv plugin and it said I imported 12 channels. However it didnt import channel data and say it was a success.

So have I done anything wrong yet?

Op system is XP Pro.

Hi thargs,
    Sounds like you are on the right track. see post 106 0n page 11 here where angusmann has posted a link for xml tv troubleshooting. You will need some channels though to be able to map.

Hope this helps!

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    Hi all. Happy new year.

<rant>
    I'm posting now to make a request to all users about requests for support. I'm pretty sure that most of the folks here would agree that I do my best to sort out whatever problems they might have with the program, and I respond fairly quickly.

But I'm getting frustrated.

I counted it up, and on average only 1 in 6 people who PM me with a problem ever reply again. The typical thing is I get a PM saying "I ran your app and got an error." I then reply, saying "Please tell me your setup, and what the error message was." And like I said, I only hear back again from 1 in 6 people.

Case in point .. lazlong reported a problem here a month ago. I saw the report, did a whole lot of testing and could not find a problem. So I asked for more information. I never heard back again, so the testing was a waste of time and as far as I can tell the problem never existed.

I'm more than willing to give support for the program. I normally reply in less than 48 hours, and bug fixes rarely take more than a day or two. But if you're going to ask for help please have the courtesy to see my reply. I have a notebook with a page devoted to "open issues" and I'm throwing it away because there are 17 error reports going back more than a year that I can't go further into because the original person has not provided the details I asked for.

</rant>

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Sorry to hear you been getting treated like that. Please do not get disheartened.
    Many people here would agree you are doing an invaluable job and we think your 'digger' is excellent!
    Thanks again,

Nick Name

redeye19987

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have a whole bunch of problems to report and i'm sure they were all in that notebook you just threw out!:D HAHA Just kidding!!
    I think you give people too much credit. You should lay down the law and implement some rules in the first post, no communication within a month it gets binned. Also all issues to be sent to you via PM and will only be actioned if logs are attached. That sort of thing.
    You have always been helpful and super quick with response times to me so please keep up the great work. It's great that you are so willing to help out people and troubleshoot their problem. As NickName said it is very much appreciated by a lot of us.
    :D

SvenStoove

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Hi all. Happy new year.

<rant>
    I'm posting now to make a request to all users about requests for support. I'm pretty sure that most of the folks here would agree that I do my best to sort out whatever problems they might have with the program, and I respond fairly quickly.

But I'm getting frustrated.

I counted it up, and on average only 1 in 6 people who PM me with a problem ever reply again. The typical thing is I get a PM saying "I ran your app and got an error." I then reply, saying "Please tell me your setup, and what the error message was." And like I said, I only hear back again from 1 in 6 people.

Case in point .. lazlong reported a problem here a month ago. I saw the report, did a whole lot of testing and could not find a problem. So I asked for more information. I never heard back again, so the testing was a waste of time and as far as I can tell the problem never existed.

I'm more than willing to give support for the program. I normally reply in less than 48 hours, and bug fixes rarely take more than a day or two. But if you're going to ask for help please have the courtesy to see my reply. I have a notebook with a page devoted to "open issues" and I'm throwing it away because there are 17 error reports going back more than a year that I can't go further into because the original person has not provided the details I asked for.

</rant>

angusmann - Don't be dis-heartened by it. I am a project leader/developer for a free open source CRM project MyIT CRM - The Best Free & Opensource Computer Business CRM Software for IT repair Shops and get this all the time.
    I have used your app now for the last 8 months without any issues, in fact it is the best epg grabber i have used to date.
    I am also eager to learn about how your epg works and what code is used and if so, I could learn it and help you out were I can.
    If you can let me know what code language your using and dev software I can help out and also code in support for Orange-Dubbo ONE HD and also 7TWO program guide grabbing as a starter if you like.
    I am now looking at turning off epg grabbing from tv-server and using guidedigger.

Also if you need some ftp storage/bandwidth I can also offer that two on a Melbourne and/or Sydney Server should you require this.
    I think that all users are appreciative of your efforts to provide a great solution to a growing issue around epg guides.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Did I say :D?

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Angusmann

+1 to the above three posts. Your program is so robust now, particularly with the automatic updates, I hardly need to think about it. All I need to do as we get new channels is add to Tv Server, then map it in Guide Digger. That's the way an EPG grabber should be. I dropped the DVB-T grabber and Web EPG grabbers ages ago. Not enough data (ABC and SBS) / too complicated to configure were their respective problems.

Keep up the good work mate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom