New Design. (1 Viewer)

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm looking forward to any 16x9 work you produce. This skin is also looking promising and elegent.

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    newfont.jpg

A more elegant font too.

Glenn

December 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    The images I have displayed on the main page also appear on secondary pages like 'my TV' and even if I delete the images from the page (using the media Portal skin editor), they re-appear. Where do I find them? In another piece of XML code I presume but need help finding it.
    Glenn

I don’t know if you’re able to change this type of information in the skin editor program. As it is called form other files. I’ll try and explain it for you.

Too save time and have a gobal change in xml file you can call the same information e.g. same position, but use different images, label etc for it. When you import a file ( <import>common.window.xml</import> ) in a xml page file (mysomething.xml) you can define ( <define>#header.hover:hover_my videos.png</define> ) what peaces of information you wish to use from the imported file.

mysomething.xml
    Code:
        <define>#header.label:134</define>
        <define>#header.image:videos_logo.png</define>
        <define>#header.hover:hover_my videos.png</define>
        <controls>
            <import>common.window.xml</import>

common.window.xml
    Code:
    		<control>
    			<type>image</type>
    			<id>1</id>
    			<posX>75</posX>
    			<posY>370</posY>
    			<texture>#header.hover</texture>
    		</control>

But in saying that if you don’t desire the hover image on every page. You can delete define bit of code from it “ <define>#header.hover:hover_my videos.png</define>” . This will only affect that 1 page which you delete if from. Or you can delete the related code in the imported xml file for a global affect.

Hope this is what you looking for :)

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    topbar.jpg

Have done some work on the top-bar as well as changing all the large format (semi-transparent_type over to the new font. I have dived into the XML more for this skin than the other stuff and have found it pretty rewarding.

As soon as i weed out the daggy images I have initially chosen for each category and replace them with cooler pics, I will upload the mod.

Just for the curious, I get my images from the unrestricted collection at stock exchange..

http://www.sxc.hu/

Glenn

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Okay...

Here is simplify v1.0 for 4:3.

There is NO basic homepage for this mod (of blue two) and I don't intend to make one as I never use it.

http://www.glennmelenhorst.com/MediaPortalSkins/simplify.zip

This is not an SVN build as I will investigate that whole side of things later for MePo-Green, MePo-Grey, MePo-Black and Simplify.

Let me know what you think.

Glenn

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    Hi Glenn,

I must admit I admire your style, and (as probably many can say that) your MePo is a number one guest on my screen.
    Pity you're ignoring the basic homepage in your skins, there are plenty of users (including me) who prefer using basic homepage.
    I guess it should not be a problem copying XML from BlueTwo, and adding images ending with 0. That's what I do now to make it 'basic' compatible.

Again, many thanks for the work and a huge hopes that bootscreens will also follow the skins :) (as for the wallpaper I use the background image with sleeping MePo - it looks nice when the software boots)

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Nice to hear.
    The Me-Po mods should be fine with basic home, it's just this mod that doesn't. I will think about it. I have already so much to do yet. :)

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread