NEW FEATURE: trakt.tv Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: trakt.tv Discussion thread

Agree with that, a single site/profile for both TV Series and Movies (Moving Picture) would be much better.

Idially both plugins would support both sites and the user can choose which one he likes better...

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Re: trakt.tv Discussion thread

Updated first post with changes in latest release (v2.6.8):
    - library syncing incl. previously watched episodes
    - toggling of watched status in gui will now sync online
    - select series to ignore on scrobble / sync
    - API-Key no longer needed

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: trakt.tv Discussion thread

Hello.
    I Think something didn't work as expected. I don't know if it's a bug in MPTVSeries or trakt. I've just installed 2.6.8 and synced my collection manually. There are some strange things happened there. e.G I only have a single Episode (S01 E01) of the Show "Murphy Brown". At my trakt Library this show is listed with 247 plays. :eek:
    I can promise you I don't watch this episode 247 times ;) The play count is really messed up. Some shows are correct but more than 50% are not correct at all. Log is attached if needed.

And I found another bug. This is definitely a trakt thing. I have some shows that don't have "English" names as these shows are never aired in US or UK at all. But for trakt, the "original" show name has to be English.... :( So these shows didn't get a name at all, witch leads to an database/php error on the page.
    You can see this easily by visiting my trakt library and scroll down the list a bit. Shows like "Bernds Hexe" "Schulmädchen" "Pan Tau" can be identified as they have a poster available on thetvdb.com. You just have to click on them to get this error reproduced.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004

Lehmden, for the first problem.
    You are sure only one episode of Murhpy brown is marked as watched in your local library?
    Do you remember, did you mark the entire series as watched (even if you only have one episode)?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: trakt.tv Discussion thread

Hi.
    I didn't know if I marked Murphy Brown as all watched, it's too long ago. But that behavior should not be right. How can I play 247 episodes if I only have one?

Some other Series I know exactly they were wrong. For example. I just restart watching "Fringe" from the beginning. So I marked the whole series as unwatched. After that I have watched 1.01 and 1.02 (that was today) But in my library Fringe is marked with "4 plays". Two episodes watched are four plays??? Want other examples?... Boston Legal I have watched first four seasons (out of five). Play Count is 0 must be 88. Secret Diary of a Call Girl I've watched first 5 episodes, Play Count is 8 must be 5. Star Trek Enterprise (ENT) has a play count of 175. Are there soooo much specials (0 listed on thetvdb.com) as there are only 98 regular episodes of ST ENT available? And so on...

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004

I didn't say the behaviour was right. Although argueably if you mark an entire series as watched, than that means you watched the entire series, regardless if you did so in TVSeries plugin or something. But its probably not the intend of most users. I'm trying to understand what happened, and to do that I've asked you if you remember if you did that.

You need to calm down.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Lehmden, with your 'Murphy Brown' example its most likely sometime in the past you marked the whole series as watched...according to your logs we are sending 247 episodes as seen. There was a change in the logic on how we toggle a series or season as watched in v2.6.8, previously we set watched for all episodes of series/season in your database even if they were not visible i.e. 'Show Local Files Only' setting was turned off. Now it will only mark them as watched if they are visible respecting that 'Show Local Files Only' setting.

Fringe: from your log we are sending '2' episodes as seen, possibly play count is incrementing online incorrectly.

Boston Legal: Can't see any evidence in log about any episodes being sent, so tvseries thinks there is nothing watched...can you confirm those first 4 seasons are marked as watched in your database. You can try toggle watched on those seasons, this should reset the flags for those are re-send.

Secret Diary of a Call Girl: as with Fringe we are correctly sending 5 episodes as seen.

Enterprise: we are sending 175 episodes as seen. Looks like its sending specials that no longer exist in the tvdb database...Sounds like you marked whole series as watched or specials as watched at some point in the past. trakt probably should ignore play count on episodes that dont really exist. When specials are removed from theTVDB we dont do any cleanup to remove them locally...need to bring up the delete menu and delete from database manually.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: NEW FEATURE: trakt.tv Discussion thread

Hello.
    Thanks for fixing this. Seems to work now as expected.
    The other problem, I think I can ignore this until Issue 272 of MPTVSeries is fixed. After that I will recreate my whole Database from zero. As I'm on a painful slow internet connection the renew of my database before this fix is nearly impossible. My collection of TV shows is at more than 160 Series with nearly 10.000 Episodes. If I add new files for more than 2 or 3 series I always get a "Time Out" on thetvdb api witch stops the whole import process. But my database needs to be renewed as there are lots of changes to my collection since I first start using MPTVSeries.

And if my postings did not sound so "nice" I apologise but it's more than 30 years ago since I learned English at school so I'm a bit out of practise.... Without Dictionary I think no one could ever understand what I write, sorry... :sorry:

trekkiedj

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2009
    Cirencester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So, I have a few comments.

First off, this is great. I love the site. The Trakt site is more attractive than the follw.it site IMHO. I would love to see Movingpictures integration though.

A question on the Watched episodes sync... If you mark a season or individual episode as watched on the site, will it reverse sync back to MP?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom