NEW FEATURE: trakt.tv Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    A question on the Watched episodes sync... If you mark a season or individual episode as watched on the site, will it reverse sync back to MP?

Not yet, we can get back a list of the most 100 recently watched on trakt which would be enough to sync up multiple pcs sharing the same account. This will be added in a version of tvseries soon.

There doesnt look like there is a way to get back what tv episodes you have manually marked watched via the API. You could express your interest here: Community-powered support for trakt

trekkiedj

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2009
    Cirencester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A question on the Watched episodes sync... If you mark a season or individual episode as watched on the site, will it reverse sync back to MP?

Not yet, we can get back a list of the most 100 recently watched on trakt which would be enough to sync up multiple pcs sharing the same account. This will be added in a version of tvseries soon.

Actually i guess this would be my biggest wish, that there would be a simple way to sync multiple PC's. For instance, I have my Main HTPC in the living room and then 2 little Revo's upstairs in a couple of the bedrooms, and i would love for the machines upstairs to know if i had watched a show downstairs, and vice versa. Same applys for Movies within Moving Pictures too... but thats a thread for another forum ;)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm watching "Firefly S01E01 - Serenity" (DVD order) but it's showing on trakt as S01E11 instead (Aired order). Would it be possible to have a conversion of this information?

Thanks
    Emph

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Actually i guess this would be my biggest wish, that there would be a simple way to sync multiple PC's. For instance, I have my Main HTPC in the living room and then 2 little Revo's upstairs in a couple of the bedrooms, and i would love for the machines upstairs to know if i had watched a show downstairs, and vice versa. Same applys for Movies within Moving Pictures too... but thats a thread for another forum ;)

Moving Pictures can do that if you set the other htpcs to use the same follw.it account

Right now in TvSeries can do something similar if you set it to both to use the same tvdb account, and turn on "Popup Rate Dialogue After Watched, and turn on the setting "Mark Episodes as Watched if Rated Online"

Assuming you do rate what you watched it will mark as watched on the other htpcs when they import.
    Also a tip you have to rate each series first before it will work.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm watching "Firefly S01E01 - Serenity" (DVD order) but it's showing on trakt as S01E11 instead (Aired order). Would it be possible to have a conversion of this information?
    That seems correct to me, the trakt site only accepts the aired order and thats what we are sending to it. If were to send 1x01 in your case that would be pointing to the wrong episode.

I think what you want is the ability to sort the episodes online as DVD order? I believe I saw a request from a user on their forum but there was no current plans to provide this ability, this may change in the future.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think what you want is the ability to sort the episodes online as DVD order? I believe I saw a request from a user on their forum but there was no current plans to provide this ability, this may change in the future.

It's not important to me, I just wondered if it was intentional or optional.

Thanks
    Emph

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    That seems correct to me, the trakt site only accepts the aired order and thats what we are sending to it. If were to send 1x01 in your case that would be pointing to the wrong episode.

The trakt api doesn't allow sending the tvdb episode id? It doesn't make sense to identify an episode by series/season/episodenr if both sides use the same datasource (tvdb) with a unique identifier...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The trakt api doesn't allow sending the tvdb episode id?
    Nope, just seriesid (or title/year) and season/episode index.

It doesn't make sense to identify an episode by series/season/episodenr if both sides use the same datasource (tvdb) with a unique identifier...
    It would be nice and simple if they allowed identification by tvdb episode id, but we are not the only mediacenter. XBMC has support for several scrapers such as imdb/tvrage etc. I guess there is no reason why they should not allow this to be optionally passed though.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have been getting an error message about not being able to connect to trakt.tv while watching a TV show. The info is however always showing correctly on the site or in the signature banners after the episode has finished. Could you make those optional, i.e. add a "don't show error messages" in the trakt setup?

Emph

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom