New G-Force visualisation for MP (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    New version 3.57 is now designed with MediaPortal support now incorporated natively.

Good viewing, partying here we come.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Not 100% correct.
    They're recognizing now MP as a valid player, like WMP, iTunes, etc.

We still need to use the SDK of soundspectrum to make visualisations available.
    this is done in mpviz.dll, written by SteveV.

i'm currently talking to SoundSpectrum for supporting their products better.
    We're tweaking some values and also G-Force code is changed for allowing smooth operation in MP.

probably in the next week, i will also add support for SoftSkies.

Due to the changes they've did, we MUST use G-Force 3.57.
    The old version will no longer work with MP.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes did notice old platinum version stopped being recognised in BASS player.

Glad to see things are still on the move though.

regards

DaveV

Portal Member
    August 13, 2006
    Sydney
    G-force Platinum

Is G-Force platinum fully supported in media portal? I seem to have an issue where on a track change results in a black screen, by exiting and reentering fixes it but continues with each change of track, I thought it may have been g-forces own track info display but disabling it does not help.

DaveV

Portal Member
    August 13, 2006
    Sydney
    I'm using Platinum and didn't see the problem.
    does it happen always?

yes will play one track then blackscreen as soon as the track changes, stays black even through subsequent track changes. G-Force version is full Platinum. SVN I think is 28/11 but will check when I get home. G-force will restart if you click back to the music panel and then go fullscreen again but will blackscreen upon track change.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i've tried with a SVN from 25/11 and also did with a new one.
    No problem at all. G-Force continues to render on track changes.
    The Cover information of the new track is shown and disappears after 0 seconds.
    No problem at all.

you need to give me more information if you want me to follow up this.

DaveV

Portal Member
    August 13, 2006
    Sydney
    Area: Media Portal Program
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0-SVN-30.11.2006-17:19:53,18-Build 1ab1
    (2006-12-01)
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
    DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
    Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
    Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.00GHz
    Memory: 1 GB
    Motherboard: P4C800 (ASUSTeK Computer Inc.)
    TV Card Model: - DNTV Live Pro
    TV Card Type: -
    TV Card Driver: -
    Video Card Model: Radeon X800 Pro/gto (256 MB)
    Video Card Driver: -
    Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
    Video Render Type: Overlay
    Audio Card Model: SB X-Fi
    Audio Card Driver: -
    Synopsis:: -

Ok have played a bit more, if I add any crossfading it will black screen on track changes, if i set crossfade to 0 g-force blinks on track changes but continues and displays current track info (good although not sure why it blinks), add some crossfade and g-force goes to black screen and the toolbar will pop down if you send your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, click fullscreen and it will re-display g-force again until a track change, click fullscreen from toolbar or x to get g-force going again. turn crossfade off and it runs fine except that it blinks on track changes. Need to reload video drivers so will check back.

Users who are viewing this thread