NEW: Moving Pictures 0.6.4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    :D

Hey!! thanks so for working so quickly on the duplicate issue. At least on my machine it is 100% fixed! great work!

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does MovingPictures actually detect new videos by itself while Mediaportal is running, or do you have to access the configuration screen of Mediaportal every time you want it to detect new videos?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It auto detects new movies when running, and if new movies are added while MediaPortal is not running, they will be added on launch. Same goes for removed files as well.

The only caveat is if a file's name is ambiguous and the importer can not find a match with a high probability of being correct, then you will have to go into the config screen to approve the match. In practice, this is a rare occurance though.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Okay, thanks!

MyTVseries scans as Mediaportal is running as well, but gives a pop-up when you have to point an unknown match in the right direction. Maybe this can be implemented (taken from :p) into Moving Pictures as well?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Yes this is of course in our plans. It will most likely be implemented slightly differently than TV-Series though. The priority of this issue has gone down a bit though, because with the latest version of the IMDb script that retrieves alternate titles, our auto approval rate is extremely high.

But yes, this is something we definitely plan to do in the fairly near future.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Weird. I can't post a suggestion here. Is something up with the forums?

I get "Method Not Implemented" error.

Emph

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    fforde, have you considered giving your gui and imdb matching system to MP for my videos ? There system is antiquated and shocking compared to how good your one is.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Moving Pictures is open sourced under GPL3, so they are free to integrate different components as they see fit. I would be happy to give my thoughts on integration as well, but I think I am not so interested in actually doing any coding on MyVideos myself. I am happy with the direction Moving Pictures is going and I enjoy the freedom that we get by being a stand-alone plug-in.

Weird. I can't post a suggestion here. Is something up with the forums?

I get "Method Not Implemented" error.

Emph

I saw your test post earlier, and this post seems fine. What seems to be the problem?

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Moving Pictures is open sourced under GPL3, so they are free to integrate different components as they see fit. I would be happy to give my thoughts on integration as well, but I think I am not so interested in actually doing any coding on MyVideos myself. I am happy with the direction Moving Pictures is going and I enjoy the freedom that we get by being a stand-alone plug-in.

Yep, I agree... it is a shame they are not interested in using your part of the code for the scanning but...

Although, once there is filtering & sorting, this will be my only option for videos :D

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Apparently I can't post the contents from my clipboard for some reason, so I'm attaching a screendump for you to read. :mad:

Emph

Attachments

• post.gif
      post.gif
      35.1 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom