NEW: Moving Pictures 0.6.4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akajester

Portal Pro
October 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Apparently I can't post the contents from my clipboard for some reason, so I'm attaching a screendump for you to read. :mad:

Emph

If you're using windows, make sure your clipboard service is running, otherwise cut/paste won't work.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Apparently I can't post the contents from my clipboard for some reason, so I'm attaching a screendump for you to read. :mad:

Emph

If you're using windows, make sure your clipboard service is running, otherwise cut/paste won't work.

Thing was, I wrote the reply and tried to post it here, but got a server error (method not implemented or something like that). I tried lots of re-formatting of the text (removing brackets I'd used to highlight stuff) and tried again and again but with no luck. So posting the text as a screen dump was the only way.

Emph

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country

Emph

Good ideas emphatic. We have talked about a system similar to this in the past and I think what we end up implementing will be pretty close to what you describe. There is a bit of discussion over on the issue thread for this topic.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes this is of course in our plans. It will most likely be implemented slightly differently than TV-Series though. The priority of this issue has gone down a bit though, because with the latest version of the IMDb script that retrieves alternate titles, our auto approval rate is extremely high.

But yes, this is something we definitely plan to do in the fairly near future.

I would have to disagree. Filenames are often like re2-<something>.avi. (in this case Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse). I hardly believe MovingPictures will detect this as being Resident Evil 2.

Something else: Instead of director/writer in the basic MovingPictures screen, i would prefer Director/Actors, and 'Runtime' instead of 'Rating'. Is this possible? If so, how?

ANARCHY

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well I love Moving Picyures its the perfect way to present movies.

Problem I am having is it used to work fine on my XP istall and having recently installed Vista MP is installed all the same I believe but it does not import any Cover art but backdrops are downloaded fine?

Any suggestions, I dont even know where to begin.

I sort of expected the Cover to be listed here but cant remember.

Untitled.jpg

Ah, I think this might be why.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/cover-art-not-downloading-52089/

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Another idea for file matching would be to use the fingerprint, as used in the MediaFairy plugin for Meedios - MeediOS :: View topic - [Official Thread] MediaFairy v0.4.2 Alpha.

I don't know how extensive the fingerprint db is or if this is a good substitute for name matching, since that works well for many movies, but it will eliminate incorrect matches and have no false +ve's.

Yeah this method has come to my attention earlier and we are serieusly considering to implement this.. but i expect it somewhere after 0.7 is released.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Yes this is of course in our plans. It will most likely be implemented slightly differently than TV-Series though. The priority of this issue has gone down a bit though, because with the latest version of the IMDb script that retrieves alternate titles, our auto approval rate is extremely high.

But yes, this is something we definitely plan to do in the fairly near future.

I would have to disagree. Filenames are often like re2-<something>.avi. (in this case Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse). I hardly believe MovingPictures will detect this as being Resident Evil 2.

Something else: Instead of director/writer in the basic MovingPictures screen, i would prefer Director/Actors, and 'Runtime' instead of 'Rating'. Is this possible? If so, how?

Hrmm... You are of course right, if a file is in a bulk movies folder with the name re2-blahblah.avi, there is no way to accurately identify it as Resident Evil 2 by file name alone. But this is not an entirely realistic situation. More likely that file will be in a folder actually called "Resident Evil 2" or "resident.evil.2" or "resident.evil.2.dvd" or something like that. In which case Moving Pictures picks it up fine.

I am not trying to say there is no need for an in GUI match resolution system, there absolutely is and that is why we have it scheduled. I am just saying that as our importer has gotten better requests for this feature have become much less frequent. If this is a highly important feature for you though, go star the issue, that is one of the main ways we measure the level of demand for an enhancement.

As for modifying what fields are displayed in the GUI, this is a skinning issue. You may want to take a peek at this guide though if you are technically inclined. If not you may want to try making a post in the forum for your preferred skin.

EDIT: Guys lets try to keep discussion in this thread focused on the 0.6.4 release though. If you have enhancement requests or general comments on the plug-in go ahead and create a new thread.

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    fforde, what is Moving Pics doing on MP loading? ive noticed increased start-up times on Loading Window Plugins. I noticed a comment from you saying that on startup it scans for deletions etc. Is there no better time to include that code in the plugin than when MP first loads up?

I personally feel that the plugins should impede the loading of the main application more than necessary. Would it be possible to start a thread on the Moving Pics gui being called to handle this so that it runs while I can still use the plugin rather than increasing start-up time.

Its possible I am completely wrong and moving pics isnt doing anything major on MP start-up and that its anothyer plugin. I was going to disable them one by one and test... But im in class so I cant :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom