NEW! Moving Pictures 0.7.5 Available (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

To the moving pictures team ...

awesome, professional work. Now, with the new key functions, the good old mymovies is disabled :) keep up that great work ...

Now I believe most of us dream of the "moving pictures config" inside MP and the database share for multiseat setup. ;)

THX

swe_rush

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorting by "date added" literally lists the movies in the order they were added to Moving Pictures. It does not necessarily look at any file attributes. So if you just started using Moving Pictures last week and you have only added two movies since then, those two movies would be listed first, and the rest would be listed in the order they happened to be imported by the Importer.

Maybe we could implement an enhancement to pull the "date added" field from the file creation date if there is enough demand I suppose. For me personally though, date added is only relevant for unwatched movies which generally only goes back a few weeks to a month at most. So I am not sure I see the long term benefit of importing file attributes like this.

If anyone disagrees with me, please, by all means, speak up :p That is the point of the forums. If there is a demand for something like this we will implement it. I am just trying to determine cost vs. benefit.

\o/ i would like to see that function :D "date added"... cause whenever i would reinstall or make a new installation of mediaportal+movingpictures and add movies from start all over again i would not be able to sort to se my latest movies...
    thanks for great plugin this is best to ever happen to MP

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    \o/ i would like to see that function :D "date added"... cause whenever i would reinstall or make a new installation of mediaportal+movingpictures and add movies from start all over again i would not be able to sort to se my latest movies...
    thanks for great plugin this is best to ever happen to MP

Exactly :)

DarkWader

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    By reading the releasenotes, I noticed this line:
    Issue #236: Pressing the Show Info key in the GUI now takes you to the details
    page of the selected movie

Where and what is the "show info key" ?
    I cant see it anywhere. Is it supposed to be in the context menu, or in the skin?

This would be very usefull for me, as I have set movingpictures to instant play movie, instead of going to the details page.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    First off: Great work! 0.7 is a big step, a real improvement. I do have a small issue with sort by runtime though, I doesn't work (for me). I do have customizations to my movingpictures.xml, I don't know if that's a possible cause, but there isn't a logical order when I order by runtime.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi fforde,first thx for the new version...I want to ask you if this version was tested with the last SVN of media portal cause i'm doing some test with this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-development-no-feature-request-here-48/integration-mpc-hc-subtitles-engine-54130/#post371988 patch and the latest svn and i have an issue with Moving Pictures.

When i use My Videos to watch a movie everything work well but when i'm using Moving Pictures media portal just freeze (i can't even navigate inside Moving Pictures )and the only way to exit is to kill MP process.Please let me know if for you is working well with latest SVN.:D

Edit:with version0.6.6 everything is working

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I cant see it anywhere. Is it supposed to be in the context menu, or in the skin?

This would be very usefull for me, as I have set movingpictures to instant play movie, instead of going to the details page.
    it's the I button on your remote or the F9 key on your keyboard

Tyler_Durden

Portal Member
    May 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok i have a big problem after installing MP 0.7. I upgraded from 0.6.6. The configuration works fine, old database was found, everthing looks alright.
    But when i start MP0.7 from Mediaportal i only see this:
    :eek:

i really have no idea what the problem could be.
    I'm using monochrom skin, so i did not install the general skin XML
    I attached my logfile, i can't see a problem in it. Maybe somebody can help

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Since I'm using this new version the scraper script I use for the dutch movie info website moviemeter.nl doesn't seem to be working anymore. Nothing is being retrieved. it only matches the name but it doesn't download any summary/director/anything else info, not even on very popular movies.

I have imdb activated too (but on 2nd place, behind moviemeter) but it doesn't use that.

DarkWader

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

it's the I button on your remote or the F9 key on your keyboard
    Nah, its not.. F9 or the "I" button on remote IS the context menu.
    But I only see three options there: Show all movies, Sort by and Change View.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom