NEW! Moving Pictures 0.7.5 Available (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Simply install it over 0.7.1

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I was a bit confused in the beginning of this thread, how about noting in the first post that this is a recycled thread from the release of 7.1? Perhaps with a link to the page with the first post regarding 7.2?

Emph

anony

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2009
    can I install this if I'm using a custom skin like Streamed MP which comes with an older Moving Pictures version?

Bjur

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2007
    Is it possible to label the discs my number and sort from that?
    I tried yesterday, but can't find that setting to numbering my movie collection.

Thanks for the help.
    What a great plugin.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Short answer: currently it's not possible to sort by media label but i think this is a good enhancement request.

For each movie file there's a property called "Media/Disk Label":

1. Start Mediaportal Configuration
    2. Navigate to Plugins -> Moving Pictures and click Config
    3. On the movie manager tab select the movie you want to re-label.
    4. Click on the arrow next to "Movie Details" and select "File Details"
    5. The first property under "File Information" is "Media/Disk Label"

You can edit that value to anything that helps you to identify that particular movie/file. For instance if you have labeled all your discs with a number you enter the number of the disc there. If for any reason the media is not available when you want to play it the moving pictures GUI will prompt you to insert/connect it (showing you the label you entered previously)

Bjur

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2007
    Thanks for the reply. Problem is it won't work in my situation, since many of my DVD's is labeled either by name or by serial number 234234890745 and if I change that media label info to number 1 for instance it won't be recognized when I insert the DVD in the drive?

I'm looking for a solution, where I can assign my movies DVD, Blu-Ray, HD DVD, divx etc. by numbers so when I choose movie 48 and it's not on harddrive, it tells me to insert disc number 48 in my catalogue.

And also so my movies start with number 1 instead of year, file path etc. which is there current.
    Hope you follow:)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What i explained is EXACTLY what you want.. the Media/Disk Label is not being used by the system for the actual media recognition, it's there for the user to enter a friendly name. So to stick to your example.. if you fill in "Movie 48" there it will prompt you to that text when you have to insert the disc :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom