New Music Engine (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patric

Portal Pro
August 27, 2004
Home Country
Germany Germany
I tried the Bass Engine and it works well however I later noticed that my digital connection to my reciever no longer worked when playing DVD, or when watching HD prgramming on Sage TV.

From what I can tell, PCM audio seems to work fine, but when the source changes to DTS, then it no longer works.

I simply change the selection of the BASS engine to the direct show engine, and all was back to normal.

Any ideas?

Marc

I have to bump Marcs problem with the BASS engine.
For a while now playback of videos with AC3 audio kept silent when played through MP (around the time I installed the first SVN release with the new music engine) whereas stereo encoded videos played back properly. I did configure the filters for video playback the same as in ZoomPlayer - where those files are playing just fine - which are AC3Filter with primary WaveOut device for the audio part.

Today i was fiddling around with various settings and build a MyPrograms configuration for launching ZoomPlayer on my video files. Surprisingly playing these files with ZoomPlayer launching through MP also dropped the audio.

I already assumed that the could be a problem with the music engine. First I disabled the MyMusic plugin in the configuration tool but without any success and then I reactivated it but changed the playback engine from BASS to DS and all problems where gone.

Don't know why this happens and it only seems to affect very few people but it would be nice to utilize the features of the BASE engine and still get AC3 and DTS output to an external amp.

If any further info on system specs or a log is needed just tell me.

Greetz
Patric

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    This may be a little off topic, but it relates to the G-Force visualisations mentioned earlier in this thread.

I used to always use the WMP Battery vis (my favourite) and was sad when this wasn't yet added to MP's new music engine.
    I tried the trial G-Force vis and quite liked it, but hated the splash screen at start up. I figure this was due to the trial status, so I bought the Premium version.
    This version also has a splash screen. Ho annoying is it to start MP playing music and then have this annoying screen over the top of the VIS, telling me the name of the person who created it. I've looked everywhere and can't find a way to remove it. Am I just missing something obvious or is there no way?
    What do other users of G-Force vis think of this?
    Also, the stupid tool bar keeps opening up, even though I remove the "open toolbar" tick.

I think I'm going to be trying to get my money back if I can't find a solution...

Now, back to the discussion on the music engine :)

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The sonique plugins are great. I'm not sure what the deal is with G-Force as I have never used it, but I am quite happy with using the Sonique ones. Not sure if you've tried them out, Marcusb, but they are free and numerous. I prefer "Rabbithole". They don't have splashscreens or anything of that nature, either. Just a thought for you.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    thanks for that. I'll try them out.

Unless the splash issue and toolbar have a better answer, then I really suggest people stay away from them...

roosterx

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2006
    Högsäter, Sweden
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    marcusb: i agree, i thought just the same as you, it is quite annoying, but then i havent looked into it quite yet, as of now i am quite happy with g-force, though in the beginning i must say i wasn't so happy about it.. i think i still would have taken milkdrop any day over g-force - i mean it is not THAT great so it is worth paying lots of $ for it..

samstgt

October 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have an question concerning the new music player.
    Till MP 2.04 it was possible for me to play DRM music files, downloaded with Napster,
    with the in MP integrated music player (WMP10). With both new music players (Bass and the other) it's not possible to play these files with MP.
    My question is if this is perhaps possible in the future or if there's an possiblitie to integrate the old WMP10 music player perhaps as an plugin for people who want to play DRM music files.

Thanks
    samstgt

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    In order to play DRM protected wma file we need to sign the Bass library using a Code signing certificate from Verisign or Globalsign. Costs are 400 USD / 175 USD per year.
    Despite the yearly costs we even need to check, if Microsoft will issue their DRM lib to an Open Source project.

It looks like Winamp is supporting playback of DRM stuff, so the most easiest way would be to use Winamp as an external player.

Mish

Portal Member
    August 10, 2006
    Volume Levels with BASS engine.

hwahrmann,

The new BASS engine works well. The visualisations work much better.
    I use AC3Filter as I need SPDIF as PCM. This relies on the WAVE volume always being at 100%.
    I've written a utility that helps do this and with Media Portal 2.0.4 it works well.

Under 2.0.4 "My Music" changes the system WAVE level, this is annoying and I wish I could stop it. My utility sees the change and puts it back to 100%, so I have worked around this.

With the SVN (anything newer than 2.0.4) however it seems that the BASS engine is changing its own DirectSound volume level to 50%. Since I can't touch an applications volume level it means that SPDIF (AC3) no longer works as the volume needs to be at 100% for this.

Is there a way to either stop the BASS engine changing the volume to 50% or at least make it change the system volume and not its own DirectSound volume?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Mish,

the only Volume we change is the Stream Volume.
    you could try to change the "Output Level" to 100 in Music -> Player Setting.

BASS allows to change the Global Music Volume, but the default is 100 and we're not changing it.

regards,

Helmut

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom