[New] MyFilms v4.4.1.4 (5 Viewers)

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Are you sure that all movies have an information in the Medialabel field ???
Be carefull that the Ant Sort Title must me filled with amc software, if you use another soft (MyMovies, MovieCollector, DVDP..) only the FormatedTitle could be use.
Can you put an example of your db ?

Hi Zebons,

All movies definitely have something in the Medialabel field. I found a script on the AMC forums that copy the contents of one field to another. I then made a couple of modifications to some of the entries.

I only use AMC. I have never used any other software for storing the catalog of my movies.

I have attached an excerpt from my AMC XML file.
Ok corrected in next version :p

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Are you sure that all movies have an information in the Medialabel field ???
Be carefull that the Ant Sort Title must me filled with amc software, if you use another soft (MyMovies, MovieCollector, DVDP..) only the FormatedTitle could be use.
Can you put an example of your db ?

Hi Zebons,

All movies definitely have something in the Medialabel field. I found a script on the AMC forums that copy the contents of one field to another. I then made a couple of modifications to some of the entries.

I only use AMC. I have never used any other software for storing the catalog of my movies.

I have attached an excerpt from my AMC XML file.
Ok corrected in next version :p

:D
Looking forward to it!!

thepat

January 14, 2008
Search by Director

I am a new Mediaportal and My Films Plugin user.
Excelent Plugin, just what i want, but i would like tou ask you:

1. Is it possible to Search My Catalog by Director??
2. Is it Possible to run the plugin from the Main mediaportal Menu, Can i move it from the Plugins menu to the Main mediaportal Menu??

Thanks in advance for your help and for your Great Plugin.

pStar

Portal Pro
August 12, 2005
hi there,
yes you can run myFilms from the HomeScreen. Just check the "Listed in Home" in the plugin section in MPSetup. i don't know if you can search for directors, but you can sort your movie list by director (see settings screenshot for how to setup the plugin).
hope this helps
regards

Attachments

• myFilms_Home.jpg
    myFilms_Home.jpg
    94.2 KB
  • myFilms_Settings.jpg
    myFilms_Settings.jpg
    124.6 KB

michaeljeger

Portal Member
February 2, 2008
Problem with ISO Files

Hi
I just installed the latest version, I am very impressed with this plugin.

However, I have the following problem:

I can directly launch an iso file from "My Movies", this is done automatically by deamon tools in the background.

For some reason, daemon tools are not activated in "My Films".

Is "My Films" also able to automount iso files?

Edit:
I use an external player, namly Media Player Classic, which is faster than the internal one.

Anyone here with a solution for that?

Thanks

Michael

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Hi
I just installed the latest version, I am very impressed with this plugin.

However, I have the following problem:

I can directly launch an iso file from "My Movies", this is done automatically by deamon tools in the background.

For some reason, daemon tools are not activated in "My Films".

Is "My Films" also able to automount iso files?

Edit:
I use an external player, namly Media Player Classic, which is faster than the internal one.

Anyone here with a solution for that?

Thanks

Michael
Actually, automount iso files works fine with DVD structure (it doesn't for avi files in an iso file...as the plugin as only the iso filename information and not the avi filename inside...).
For DVD it's work if you have define DaemonTools parameters in the setup (general MP's section).

michaeljeger

Portal Member
February 2, 2008
OK I got it to work. But I will do some further testing.
Here is what I did:

I updated my ANT-Database to include the correct path and filename I want to mount:

URL (example): K:\my_movies\example.iso

Also, I issue a prelaunch command (which is like double-click on iso-file) to mount the iso.

My configuration before was as follows, when is was not working:

I had selected to look for the filename, the URL was empty.
I had named all the files exactly the same as the original title of the movie. When following this naming procedure, the URL was not necessary

So it seems, that when using automatic search function in "my films" the deamon tool are not activated?

There must be a diffenrence the way "My Films" and the standart internal plugin "My Movies" works.
In "My movies", I could always mount with no problems, meaning, deamon tools always did the job.

Cheers, Michael

mmoore99

Portal Member
December 9, 2006
I have been using v4.3.2 successfully for some time. Yesterday I downloaded the new dll for v4.4.1.2 and copied it into the MediaPortal\plugins\windows directory. However, with that dll in place myFilms will not "play" any of the movies in the catalog. All of the movies appear in the list, but when the "play" command is executed nothing happens. I copied the dll for v4.3.2 back and everything works fine. Is there something else, other than copying in the new dll for 4.4.1.2 that needs to be done in order to upgrade?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom