[New] MyFilms v4.4.1.4 (5 Viewers)

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
ok, good. this is something i can fix. i'll check my movieCatalog. thanks, zebons

A way to fix it more easely :
Open your xml database with ANT software and sort it by names.
Launch MP's MyFilms plugin, list sorted by names.
Find the latest movie displayed in MP, the next entry in your xml db is probably wrong. Correct it with ANT soft (update or delete it and rewrite your DB). Exit Myfilms plugin (don't quit MP) and re-enter into Myfilms (by this way you reload your xml DB...), you'll have probably more movies displayed..
And so on util you see the movie's number instead of #nbobjects ;)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Supplementary View of Viewed/Not Viewed Films

I have been using My Films plugin for a while now, I love it!

I have an Ant Movie DB. In the My Films Configuration I created a Supplementary view based on the Checked Field and called it Not Viewed. It works perfectly, BUT, when I select the view, I have to select True or False (in my case True for the checked films in Ant DB). On the List Layout the Layout title shows as True (rather than Not Viewed).

Is there any way I can tell My Films to automatically select True in the Supplementary View, and display "Not Viewed" as the Layout (View) name?

I know it's a minor point, but it would help a lot when switching views!

Thanks for all your great work! :D

Quirck

Portal Member
    January 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    MyFilms & Extreme Movie Manager

Hi,

I've read that a plugin was under development where it was possible to import movies from eXtreme Movie Manager (EMM) into Media Portal.

I also notice that the MyFilms plugin works with an "xml database".

As EMM does not support export to xml, and the import plugin is discontinued, we will need something else to get the movies from the EMM Database into Media Portal.

Working with an export to xml is just one step too much, because everytime you add a new movie or change one into the EMM database, you have to export the database again.

Isn't it much easier to get the MyFilms plugin to read the EMM database directly, instead of xml.

Is it possible to get the sourcecode somewhere, so interested people can take a look at the code and use al the great stuff the MyFilms plugin already has, but change de xml database into the EMM database ?

Thx

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have just started using V4.4.0 with 0.2.3.0 stable.

I am using Formatted Title as the Master Title, MediaLabel as the Secondary Title and Translated Title as the Sort Title.
    Currently it is sorting them fine, but because only a few of my movies have the Translated Title filled in, these appear at the end of the list after all the other movies with nothing in the Translated Title. Which now makes sense to me as blanks would come before text. So, I currently get the movies sorted into 2 groups - the ones that have no Translated Title, and then those that do (eg: Harry Potter 1, Harry Potter 2, XMen 1, XMen2). I can get around this by copying the Original Title field to the Translated Title field so that it is populated. Is this the best way to do it?

Also, is it possible in a future release to have the Sort Title as MediaLabel or other fields? This would then allow easy import of info from IMDB, etc that sometimes lists a translated and original title (especially for foreign films).

One final ting I have noticed is that in the plug in, it lists the Formatted Title and then the sort title in brackets after it. Is this a deliberate thing, or just something in my skin (X-Face). I have attached a screen-dump.

Hope I make sense :)

Attachments

• screen.JPG
      screen.JPG
      68.1 KB

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006

I am using Formatted Title as the Master Title, MediaLabel as the Secondary Title and Translated Title as the Sort Title.
    Currently it is sorting them fine, but because only a few of my movies have the Translated Title filled in, these appear at the end of the list after all the other movies with nothing in the Translated Title. Which now makes sense to me as blanks would come before text. So, I currently get the movies sorted into 2 groups - the ones that have no Translated Title, and then those that do (eg: Harry Potter 1, Harry Potter 2, XMen 1, XMen2). I can get around this by copying the Original Title field to the Translated Title field so that it is populated. Is this the best way to do it?
    Why not ? Effectively all records must have that field filled to make sense...
    Also, is it possible in a future release to have the Sort Title as MediaLabel or other fields? This would then allow easy import of info from IMDB, etc that sometimes lists a translated and original title (especially for foreign films).
    I'll add it but it makes sense only if you fill that choosen field with titles...

One final ting I have noticed is that in the plug in, it lists the Formatted Title and then the sort title in brackets after it. Is this a deliberate thing, or just something in my skin (X-Face). I have attached a screen-dump.
    The ANT Formated Title is made by concatenations of Original and translated Title and you cann't change it. May be in future ANT's release . But nothing todo with my plugin. :sorry:

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Why not ? Effectively all records must have that field filled to make sense...

Yeah, that did dawn on me eventually :oops:

I'll add it but it makes sense only if you fill that choosen field with titles...

The ANT Formated Title is made by concatenations of Original and translated Title and you cann't change it. May be in future ANT's release . But nothing todo with my plugin. :sorry:

Okay. I thought formatted Title was Original Title with 'The' at the end if the movie began with it as per your post here. In the previous version, I had Master Title set as Formatted Title and Secondary Title set as Translated Title, you only saw the Translated Title after going into the details of the movie. The list screen would only show the Original Title formatted so that 'The' was at the end (if the movie began with it). This version shows them as per the screen-dump in my previous post. If there is also something in the MediaLabel field, it is also displayed when going into the details of the movie (where you select play).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom