[New] MyFilms v4.4.1.4 (6 Viewers)

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
I have been using v4.3.2 successfully for some time. Yesterday I downloaded the new dll for v4.4.1.2 and copied it into the MediaPortal\plugins\windows directory. However, with that dll in place myFilms will not "play" any of the movies in the catalog. All of the movies appear in the list, but when the "play" command is executed nothing happens. I copied the dll for v4.3.2 back and everything works fine. Is there something else, other than copying in the new dll for 4.4.1.2 that needs to be done in order to upgrade?

Thanks.
Do you have any error messages in your MP's log ?
If you dont use ANT as original software (ie you use DVDP, EMM, Mymovies...), you have to delete the temporary
generated xml file (same name than your db with _tmp before the extension .xml) or simply re_export from your soft your db to xml format (in that case the temporary xml file is regenerated).

mmoore99

Portal Member
December 9, 2006
If you dont use ANT as original software (ie you use DVDP, EMM, Mymovies...), you have to delete the temporary
generated xml file (same name than your db with _tmp before the extension .xml) or simply re_export from your soft your db to xml format (in that case the temporary xml file is regenerated).
I am using ANT. Each time I execute the "play" command the following info appears in the log:

Code:
2008-02-07 09:20:14.740200 [Info.][MPMain]: Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean MediaPortal.Util.Thumbs.get_SpeedThumbsSmall()'.
   at MesFilms.MesFilmsDetail.update_database(String filename, Int32 select_item, Int32 idMovie)
   at MesFilms.MesFilmsDetail.PlayMovie_Divx(String filename, Int32 select_item, Boolean first)
   at MesFilms.MesFilmsDetail.OnPlayDVD(Int32 select_item, Boolean first)
   at MesFilms.MesFilmsDetail.OnMessage(GUIMessage messageType)
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(GUIMessage message)

Please advise.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
I am using ANT. Each time I execute the "play" command the following info appears in the log:

Code:
2008-02-07 09:20:14.740200 [Info.][MPMain]: Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean MediaPortal.Util.Thumbs.get_SpeedThumbsSmall()'.
   at MesFilms.MesFilmsDetail.update_database(String filename, Int32 select_item, Int32 idMovie)
   at MesFilms.MesFilmsDetail.PlayMovie_Divx(String filename, Int32 select_item, Boolean first)
   at MesFilms.MesFilmsDetail.OnPlayDVD(Int32 select_item, Boolean first)
   at MesFilms.MesFilmsDetail.OnMessage(GUIMessage messageType)
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(GUIMessage message)

Please advise.
Please use the right dll for your needs !
2 versions are delivered :
- one for MP 0.2.3 stable version without SVN
- a second for MP 0.2.3 with SVN

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
New version delivered 4.4.1.4 :
- remote actions for movies navigation on the first screen enabled
- bug correction when relaunch a DVD movie

Have a good day :)

pStar

Portal Pro
August 12, 2005
hi there,
i'm runnig also into some serious problems, if i launch my dvd-iso's.

my current situation:

isos are stored in directories on a network drive. mounted as "Y:\". -> isos are somewhere here "Y:\VID0\" or there "Y:\VID1\" (maybe in the future there are even more locations)

isos namend XXXX.ISO (eg. 0919.ISO) after ANT DB Numbers. names entered in ANT MediaLabel field "0919.ISO" without path, 'cause it's not always sure where the file will be stored. i'd like the myFilms plugin to do the search for me ;)

installed daemon tools lite 4.12
virtual drive letter set to "F:"

activated daemon tools in mp setup
unchecked "ask before playing...."

tested in myVideos: image is mounted in DaemonTools and plays fine

myFilms setup:
Paths for File Search: "Y:\VID0\;Y:\VID1\"
ant item for storage info: "MediaLabel"
the "search by movies name" is unchecked, cause the filenames are stored in ANTs MediaLabel as number (eg. 0919.ISO) not as a name.

when i launch the movie from myFilms a little message box pops up (says in the title: "loading video - please wait" and below "919") just like if i launch a iso from myVideos. but daemon tools mounts nothing.

then the next message box appears, saying:
MyVideos
Nummer = 919
919.ISO
and nothing else happens. the movie doesn't start :(

i also tried to:
add the virtual drive "F:" to myFilms search paths
set the mediaLabel in ANT to "F:\0919.ISO" or "Y:\VID0\0919.ISO" (the latter was only a test, i really don't want to hack absolute paths into ANT...i want to be more flexible, where to store my files)
even if the iso is already mounted manually in deamon tools it won't play.

i'm quite confused right now...do you have any advise for me? is it actually possible to search/mount my ISOs this way?

regards
patrick

ps.: btw i'm runnig MP 0.2.3 stable with myFilms 4.4.1.4 stable version

Brinke

September 28, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
More than 1 "CDs/files"?

I must be dumb or something because I can't find what I do wrong for movies with 2 or more "CDs" but stored on harddrive as files like \\computer\folder\movie\file-cd1.avi, \\computer\folder\movie\file-cd2.avi and so on...

I'm very sorry if it's already in this forum but I must have missed it somehow.. :confused:

Ive tried to use \\computer\folder\movie\file-cd1.avi; \\computer\folder\movie\file-cd2.avi in ANT field "URL", every other movie (which uses 1 cd) works well here.

So my question was: How do I approch when movies are more than one files?

EDIT/FIXED: My very bad I must have made a typo because after reading https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-films-164/mp-0-2-3-0-rc3-myfilms-v4-2-6a-svn-keeps-asking-insert-disc-30525/#post200317
it worked perfectly using ";" to seperate files under URL field.

Oh well, atleast I got my very first post to MP forums and sorry for my stupidity :rolleyes:

Attachments

• myfilms.JPG
    myfilms.JPG
    61.4 KB

crusoli

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey!

Great plugin! Using the ANT importer is very handy.

Got one feature request:
Could you maybe ad the option to use the infos of the currently selected movie in the filmstrip view like in my videos plugin?
Would be great!

Attachments

• screen3.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    206 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom