[New] MyFilms v4.4.1.4 (1 Viewer)

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
hi there,
i'm runnig also into some serious problems, if i launch my dvd-iso's.
Try with that dll (only for MP's stable version).
Give me your feed...

hi zebons,
just tried the newest svn and i was very happy with it overall, but unfortunatly the isomounting doesn't work anymore in myFilms...are you planning to do a svn-version with this fix, too? this would be great.
regards
Does it work with MyVideos standard module ?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Sorry for asking before reading the 100's of posts.

I use the SOURCE field in ANT Movie Catalog to point to the file. I have for example movie_abc.avi on G:\movies. In ANT I just put in movie_abc.avi and then in this great plugin, I define drive G:\movies as the place to search for sources. This way, on another PC with a mapped drive (can't use G on this PC), the only change is in the plugin setup where I use drive Z:\ (mapped to the same location over the network) as the search folder. Both PC's therefore use the same movie files as well as the same ANT database files.

I works great except for movies in a dvd-structure folder. I was hoping to get this to work by specifying the part of the path that needs to be appended to the "search folder".
    Example:
    search-folder in plugin setup=G:\movies
    Source in ANT=.\movie_xyz\video-ts\file.ifo
    I have also tried these: \movie_xyz\video-ts\file.ifo, movie_xyz\video-ts\file.ifo
    Keeps asking me to insert disk.

I can only get this movies to work by including everything in the source:
    g:\movies\movie_xyz\video-ts\file.ifo
    Then it needs to change for the other PC.

Any solution that I am missing?

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    Sorry for asking before reading the 100's of posts.

I use the SOURCE field in ANT Movie Catalog to point to the file. I have for example movie_abc.avi on G:\movies. In ANT I just put in movie_abc.avi and then in this great plugin, I define drive G:\movies as the place to search for sources. This way, on another PC with a mapped drive (can't use G on this PC), the only change is in the plugin setup where I use drive Z:\ (mapped to the same location over the network) as the search folder. Both PC's therefore use the same movie files as well as the same ANT database files.

I works great except for movies in a dvd-structure folder. I was hoping to get this to work by specifying the part of the path that needs to be appended to the "search folder".
    Example:
    search-folder in plugin setup=G:\movies
    Source in ANT=.\movie_xyz\video-ts\file.ifo
    I have also tried these: \movie_xyz\video-ts\file.ifo, movie_xyz\video-ts\file.ifo
    Keeps asking me to insert disk.

I can only get this movies to work by including everything in the source:
    g:\movies\movie_xyz\video-ts\file.ifo
    Then it needs to change for the other PC.

Any solution that I am missing?
    I have to rewrite that code's part for simplicity and comptability between divx and dvd files, but I need time...
    For the moment, you can mount on the same drive letters your directories in the 2 PCs, so the ANT path'll be the same for all....

pStar

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2005
    hi there,
    i justed checked back on the iso mounting issue. automounting works in the standard myVideos module. i'm using svn 17685.
    regards

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I´m new to Myfilms - and got a small question : I have got an Ant DB with 441 movies in it. Myfilms only shows 10 pages with 11 movies on each page -> 110 movies. So, Ì`m missing quite a few....

I guess it is a config problem - any hints (no, I didn´t search all the threads...) ?

cheers
    mcbelly

mmoreira

February 5, 2008
    Just a little tip to people wanting to add Extreme Movie Manager support to MyFilms.

EMM utilizes a Access Database to store all the data, and ANT can import data from Access DBs. So, I believe it's not that hard to import EMM database to ANT and then save the XML to MyFilms...

I don't use EMM as ANT is fine for me, but for people how use it, can be a solution.

It's also not so hard to write a small access or vb application to convert that data.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Wouldn't it not a nice feature to be able to see trailers of the movies in My Films?
    Most trailers are available on apple.com/trailers or imdb.com.

Maybe this has been discussed before?

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    hi there,
    i justed checked back on the iso mounting issue. automounting works in the standard myVideos module. i'm using svn 17685.
    regards
    I also had a iso mounting problem (it was working fine with MyVideos...) However, I install the latest Daemon Tools version (4.12.1) and it's work fine now. I don't know why.... Can you try it ?

Hi, I´m new to Myfilms - and got a small question : I have got an Ant DB with 441 movies in it. Myfilms only shows 10 pages with 11 movies on each page -> 110 movies. So, Ì`m missing quite a few....

I guess it is a config problem - any hints (no, I didn´t search all the threads...) ?

cheers
    mcbelly
    What message do you got when you save your setup config in Myfilms ? Surely some fields used for selecting movies are empty (Original, translated Titles....).

pStar

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2005
    hi there,
    regards
    I also had a iso mounting problem (it was working fine with MyVideos...) However, I install the latest Daemon Tools version (4.12.1) and it's work fine now. I don't know why.... Can you try it ?

sounds promising, i'll try it as soon as i can.
    thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom