[New] MyFilms v4.4.1.4 (1 Viewer)

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
If MP is closed while My Films screen is open AND showlastactivemodule is set to yes, then MP does not start correct.
An exception is thrown and navigation in MP is not possible (e.g. leaving My Films screen).
It just shows empty film details, like '#Title'.
Gregor
Corrected in v4.3.4 see first post :D

GregorV

Portal Pro
October 2, 2007
Bonn
Home Country
Germany Germany
4.3.4 solved

Hi zebons,

it needed two new starts of mp but then the problem was gone.
Apparently there was some wrong 'history' setting still existant, that was corrected by the first start.
I suggest there was a invalid list item pointer.
After the second restart everything was fine.

Any comment concerning a scrollbar feature ?

Thanks,
Gregor

wunschkind

Portal Pro
January 10, 2005
hi zebons, hi all,

today i tried the plugin on my machine and it´s working now. i was hoping the programmer of Extreme Movie Manager would implement the XML export but he does not answer to my XML post (i´m still waiting). i´m using the EMM for years now and have many movies in my database.
zebons, after you implemented the Movie Collector XML import into your plugin, i´ve imported all my movies from EMM to Movie Collector (it was a really huge probleme :( ). after that, i´ve exported this Movie Collector database into an XML file, but using that one with your plugin was impossible (i had an error telling me that there was a problem at the beginning of the XML .. ).
so i downloaded the newest AMC version and could import my huge EMM database directly into it (great) and then export it as XML. now i can see my database in MP :)
the problem is the usage of EMM and AMC to import all my movies into MP. i hope the EMM coder will implement the XML feature in future.

thank you very much for your work zebons.

bye

wunschkind

Ulan

Portal Member
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
No Covers with DVDProfiler

Hi and a happy new year!

I just did a fresh MP-Install and switched from the MyDVDs to the MyFilms (v4.3.4) Plug-In (for the Kaleidescape like DVD-Player-Server System). I'm using DVDProfiler to archive my DVDs (hi-res Covers). The import of the XML-File seems to work. In MyFilms I get all the Information of DVDProfiler. I can also launch the Movies on my harddisk directly.

Problem is, I don't get any covers to see.

Since DVDProfiler ist storing the images on my other pc, I'm regularly copying the Image-Folder (including Subfolder "thumbnails") to my server.
In the MyFilms configuration I point to that image folder. It used to work this way with MyDVDs.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanx for your help! Ulan

P.S. By the way, with covers showing up, that plug-in will rock!

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Hi and a happy new year!

I just did a fresh MP-Install and switched from the MyDVDs to the MyFilms (v4.3.4) Plug-In (for the Kaleidescape like DVD-Player-Server System). I'm using DVDProfiler to archive my DVDs (hi-res Covers). The import of the XML-File seems to work. In MyFilms I get all the Information of DVDProfiler. I can also launch the Movies on my harddisk directly.

Since DVDProfiler ist storing the images on my other pc, I'm regularly copying the Image-Folder (including Subfolder "thumbnails") to my server.
In the MyFilms configuration I point to that image folder. It used to work this way with MyDVDs.
What am I doing wrong?

Can you send me an extract of your DVDProfiler XML file and the path given in the setup for thumbnails as I can see what's wrong.

GregorV

Portal Pro
October 2, 2007
Bonn
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Ulan,

you should have something like:
Picture=".\Cover\102 Dalmatiner.jpg"
in your XML file for each entry. If you have defined the pictures folder then a relative path entry like above should work.

GregroV

Stokkes

Portal Member
November 28, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Sorry if this has been asked, but I searched and couldn't find anything..

When listing the movies, is there anyway to strip "The" from the title? I know you can do it in AMC, but it doesn't save it the XML this way. I find it annoying to have to go all the way to the "T"s to find other movies in your collection. Gets really annoying when you have 600 movies to go through :D

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Sorry if this has been asked, but I searched and couldn't find anything..

When listing the movies, is there anyway to strip "The" from the title? I know you can do it in AMC, but it doesn't save it the XML this way. I find it annoying to have to go all the way to the "T"s to find other movies in your collection. Gets really annoying when you have 600 movies to go through :D
Try to work with the Formated Title...

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Hi and a happy new year!

What am I doing wrong?

Can you send me an extract of your DVDProfiler XML file and the path given in the setup for thumbnails as I can see what's wrong.

OK fixed in 4.3.5
There were a bug when using UNC naming for thumbnails access (\\pc-server\.... instead off local drive F:\....) :oops:
See first thread

Ulan

Portal Member
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Covers show now up!

Hi Zebons

Great Job! Thanx for the quick adjustments you've done! :D
Covers show now up in the "list view". I'm using the monochrome skin.

I' still don't get them in the views "small symbols" and "large symbols" where all the covers are shown side by side. Is there a chance that my cover files are too big to show (each about 100 kb) :confused: ? Anyhow, list view is great!

Great plugin! Thanx! :D

Greets from Switzerland, Ulan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom