[New] MyFilms v4.4.1.4 (3 Viewers)

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Hi Zebons

Great Job! Thanx for the quick adjustments you've done! :D
Covers show now up in the "list view". I'm using the monochrome skin.

I' still don't get them in the views "small symbols" and "large symbols" where all the covers are shown side by side. Is there a chance that my cover files are too big to show (each about 100 kb) :confused: ? Anyhow, list view is great!

Great plugin! Thanx! :D

Greets from Switzerland, Ulan
:oops: I forgot a modification. :sorry:
Download the latest zip file (MesFilms4.3.5_SVN.zip or MesFilms4.3.5_Stabke.zip dll files from today...) on the first post, it'll be better

Ulan

Portal Member
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Perfect!

Hello Zebons

Just perfect now! :D
Thanx for the very fast adjustments and the effort you put into the development of this important plug-in! :D

Greetz from Switzerland,

Ulan

wunschkind

Portal Pro
January 10, 2005
hi,

i have some ideas for you ... perhaps it´s possible to code some of them :)

1. a possiblity to mark movies as seen (perhaps in the detailed view ...) so they would be displayed as seen (greyed out ...)
2. filtering by seen / not seen (myfilms could show only not seen movies here); perhaps a possibility to make our own filters ( ... all movies from year 2005 with genre sci-fi)
3. a not seen random movie clicking on a button
4. a possibility to show the plot of a movies as static text (as a popup perhaps ...)

have a nice day and thank you for your work zebons

wunschkind

Atkatla

Portal Member
May 4, 2007
Hello zebons,

nice plugin you wrote, thanks for it.
I use it for my homevideos and the standard MP-Videos-plugin for cinema movies. But when I watch a movie with myfilms-plugin, that movie is written into the MP movie database. Is there a solution to prevent that?

dbinaz

Portal Member
October 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can you add an import for Movie Collector www.collectorz.com
They do have an XML export.

Thanks,
Derek
Next version'll be compatible with MovieCollector ;)
If you want, you can send me an xml export of your database for testing.

for some reason I never got an email for updates to this thread. I would have given you my database no problem.
Anyway, I am trying to use it but I see no way to import MC database. Dropdowns only show ANT and DVDP. I am missing something obvious?

Derek

ok, I didn't realize I had to install 4.3.2 MPI first. I did that, then copied 4.3.5 dll to the Windows dir in MP dir.

I went to import my collection and I get this error.

Invalid Character for Movie Number at position 0. You have to correct the Movie's information with ANT Movie Catalog software!. Exception Message: The URL cannot be empty.
Parameter name: url

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Invalid Character for Movie Number at position 0. You have to correct the Movie's information with ANT Movie Catalog software!. Exception Message: The URL cannot be empty.
Parameter name: url
Can you send me your xml database and your configuration for MyFilms, I'll test it...

pStar

Portal Pro
August 12, 2005
Thanks Zebon,

this plugin's getting better and better. i really love it. it almost replaced mediaportal for me ;)
just installed version 4.3.5 for MP Stable 2.3.0 and noticed some little bugs...
P1) by pressing back or <esc> in the movie-detail screen i get back to mediaportal home instead of the mesfilms movie list
P2) the last postition in the movie list (last viewed movie / last viewed movie details) is not stored, mesfilms always jumps to the first movie in the list if i reenter mesfilms...is there a option in the settings i missed?

there are a few skin enhancements i would like to suggest. i'm using "monochrome", but don't know if my suggestions concern you or "psycho reptile" it's creator. in the attachement are 2 screenshots
S1) in the filmstrip mode the title of the currently selected movie is not shown correctly in the upper right corner (it's always the first movie in the list)
S2) what's this "#nbobjects" thing? did i miss some settings? (my settingscreen is also attached)
S3) would it be possible to rip out these ugly rolling text boxes? in the list view completly and maybe in the detail view put them in a popup or bring in some scroll buttons. dont get me wrong, these informations are very useful and important but the way they are presented...mhhh...don'know....

great work, keep it up
regards
patrick

Attachments

• mesfilms_filmstrip.jpg
    mesfilms_filmstrip.jpg
    83.6 KB
  • mesfilms_list.jpg
    mesfilms_list.jpg
    88.1 KB
  • mesfilms_setting.jpg
    mesfilms_setting.jpg