[New] MyFilms v4.4.1.4 (3 Viewers)

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
When trying to play AVI file that was loaded from an ANT xml file I get the following error:

2008-01-12 14:02:24.443508 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
at MesFilms.MesFilmsDetail.PlayMovie_Divx(String filename, Int32 select_item, Boolean first)
at MesFilms.MesFilmsDetail.OnPlayDVD(Int32 select_item, Boolean first)
at MesFilms.MesFilmsDetail.OnMessage(GUIMessage messageType)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(GUIMessage message)

I don't have a problem playing any full ISO dvd's, but sometimes I'll shrink them down to AVI to save space. Anyone seen this problem?
Can you give me more details :
Setup configuration
Information in your Ant Xml file for searching the AVI file

media portal 0.2.3
myfilms v4.3.2
winxp

As for the setup, I list the AVI filename as the source, path included, ie. Source="H:\movie1.avi" - this works perfectly for ISO's. I tell it to get the File Info in the Source Column, in addition I list H:\ in the paths for movies file search.

I had this happen for 4 or 5 different AVI files today...I tried playing some other avi and one finally actually played, and then others gave me an "VMR9" videoplayer error? Don't believe this is associated, but who knows.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.
I don't think that the VMR9 error is associated to (you can try if you can read it with the standard MyVideos module).

For others pbs, can you tell me the difference between AVI which work and those not (content of source item of your xml database, file search given in the setup and complete pathname to your movie file (may be the same that the source item info ?)

pStar

Portal Pro
August 12, 2005
Hi there,

i'm wondering: which skin files for myFilms am i intended to use? the ones coming with the plugin or the ones coming with the monochrome skin...? it's a little bit confusing right now...
i'm running MP 0.2.3 stable with MyFilms MPI 4.3.2 (updated to 4.3.5)

regards

pStar

Portal Pro
August 12, 2005
hi, thanks for your time.
i just copied the files in my skin folder (also deleted the cache): it looks much better now. "filmstrip" looks perfect now. in "list view" the page down and up buttons are a little bit off (in the bottom list field).

overall, i personally would
a) remove the movie description box in the list view
or
b) put the movie tile and rating anywhere else, to gain more space for the description box

i also attached a fast mockup of the detail screen. if you like it, maybe you'd consider this layout for the next version ;)

but for now i'm going back to 4.3.2 cause with 4.3.5 i (still) have following problems (even though i installed MP on a fresh os)

- i got this strange #nbobjects thing (in 4.3.2 this is my total number of movies)
- if hit back in "detail view" i'm taken back to the homescreen, not to the list/filmstrip view
- my database seems to dissapear: the list presents only the first part of my db. but if i do a search on a specific movie, i get the result form the whole db...this is very strange. my htpc seems to be really f'd up. sad.

so long,
patrick

Attachments

• mesfilms_list_4.3.5_withSkinSupportFiles.jpg
    mesfilms_list_4.3.5_withSkinSupportFiles.jpg
    78.5 KB
  • mesfilms_details_proposal.jpg
    mesfilms_details_proposal.jpg
    83 KB

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
but for now i'm going back to 4.3.2 cause with 4.3.5 i (still) have following problems (even though i installed MP on a fresh os)

- i got this strange #nbobjects thing (in 4.3.2 this is my total number of movies)
- if hit back in "detail view" i'm taken back to the homescreen, not to the list/filmstrip view
- my database seems to dissapear: the list presents only the first part of my db. but if i do a search on a specific movie, i get the result form the whole db...this is very strange. my htpc seems to be really f'd up. sad.
patrick
Can you send me your db and your setup, as I'll take a look on it ....

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    overall, i personally would
    a) remove the movie description box in the list view
    or
    b) put the movie tile and rating anywhere else, to gain more space for the description box

i also attached a fast mockup of the detail screen. if you like it, maybe you'd consider this layout for the next version
    I don't have a problem with the listview scroll buttons or #nbobjects, have a look at the screenie. What resolution are you running MP in? I like your layout proposals and will include them in the next release ;).

Attachments

• Untitled-33.jpg
      Untitled-33.jpg
      149.4 KB

pStar

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2005
    cool :D
    ...maybe there's something off with my database or myFilms settings...
    i'm running mp fullscreen with 1360X768.
    regards
    patrick

Gizzmo

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2007
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    zebons,

could you please let me know if you're working on the framerate change issue i
    informed you some weeks ago by PM ?

I just wanna know if something will be done and of course if i can do something,
    maybe contact the MP support for clearing some things etc. ... :)

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    @zebons,

could you please let me know if you're working on the framerate change issue i
    informed you some weeks ago by PM ?

I just wanna know if something will be done and of course if i can do something,
    maybe contact the MP support for clearing some things etc. ... :)
    No I don't :sorry:
    As I tell you before, I try to hekp you by launching a command batch file before launching the movie. If it doesn't respond to your problem, I cann't do anything else. As I said before it's an MP core problem and not specific to that plugin. So ask to the core developpers or wait MP II....

so long,
    patrick
    I found the origin of your problem : some of your movies have only few informations (Title, file name, Videos infos...). May be integrated by a batch ANT program...
    It's seem to not working with 4.3.5 version. I'll take a look on it...
    If you want to test the v4.3.5, delete those records until the next version.
    I notice another problem :
    your genre lists aren't separated by a coma but by ' / ' so you cann't view easely by genre. Same problem for countries...
    Actor's list is separated by a carriage return and the role description is given after '....'
    I'll try to define setup parameters for those lists separators...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom