[New Plugin] MPRemote S - iPhone Remote Control Plugin (1 Viewer)

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
February 15, 2013
Würzburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi babyschuh,

thank you for your feedback. The navigation cross has been mentioned/wished before by another user and its still on the TODO list.
Direct access buttons is a good idea aswell I had before - but thought nobody would use it ;)
The app is in continous development and I will try to implement as many features as possible :) Unfortunately we do (Stefan and me) do this in our spare time. The App sales are not enough for a living ;) So time is very limited but we will try to push the next big update as soon as possible.

Chris

PS: Any rating in the appstore is very appreciated. We hardly have ratings even though the users all seem to like the app o_O

babyschuh

Portal Member
October 12, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Just an Idea: What about showing the actual Button-Art in the touchpad-area? Maybe the touchpad functionality gets a bit more intuitive that way.

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
February 15, 2013
Würzburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hmmmm... I think switching between buttons and touchpanel is the best option :)
Thank you for your review by the way :) The dumb thing about app store reviews is, that you need at least 5 reviews so all reviews get visible to other users o_O
Now at least for the German market the users can see the reviews ! The german market is btw. our strongest market. I would say that almost the half of our users are german. The rest comes from all over the world.

Have a good evening!

Chris

babyschuh

Portal Member
October 12, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hmmmm... I think switching between buttons and touchpanel is the best option :)
Chris

Hi Chris,

of course I agree. :) My favorite would be like this:
Option 1: Big Touchpad (just like now)
Option 2: Half-Size Touchpad with Quick-Access Buttons beside
Option 3: Navigation Cross with Quick-Access Buttons beside

Maybe with the additional option to select if the Quick-Access buttons will be shown on the right or the left side.

The Idea with the Button-Art has been inspired by this:
Actually I look on my iPhone or iPad when I use MP-Remote. So the only feedback during navigation is the "Blip - Blip" from Mediaportal, when the Menuitem changes (and this only if I have activated this on MP-Configuration). So I constantly have to take a look to the screen if happend what I wanted to happen. This is annoying. If you display the actual Button-Image on the Touchpad-Area one will have a quick feedback without a need to move the head up to the screen. And there is no other feedback like this in MP-Remote at the moment. So I have no clue where in the MediaPortal Menu I am when I start MP-Remote.
That the Touchpad gets more intuitive throu this is only a benefit, I think.

And with the review: Your welcome. It was my first one. :)

regards
babyschuh

gekas

Portal Member
January 20, 2008
Unfortunately we do (Stefan and me) do this in our spare time. The App sales are not enough for a living
Well, looking at the website linked in iTunes (http://www.mediavisionstudios.nl) the app is clearly advertised as one of the products of your company.

In my opinion you should be straight about you and your role - you can either be the spare time developer, that charges a few bucks for his app to get himself a beer or you can make business. Judging from the website mentioned above and the professional looking site at http://mediaportalremote.com/ it looks kinda obvious, that you are going for the latter. I totally understand the irritation of our open source developers at the beginning of this thread.

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
February 15, 2013
Würzburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey babyschuh,

thank you for your feeback. Now I get the idea and think its a quite good idea. Displaying the whole MP screen optionally would also an idea that just rised up in my mind. So you dont have to look on your tv or would not even need a tv for simple actions.... I will think about it and see what i can do :)

@gekas
Looking in iTunes you can see that the app has been published by a private person. Not a company. And yes the page looks professional and the designer is a real pro. I agree it can be confusing but in the end I have to say -> it is a spare time project and will always be so. I try to work as often as possible on the remote but besides regular job and private life we all have our limits.

Chris

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
February 15, 2013
Würzburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

the bugfix comes with the next Update and this comes very very soon. Not sure yet when but maybe end of this week.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am doing some testing with MP2
    When I try to start the MPRemoteServerInstaller.mpe1 installer, it does not know what to associate it with... Any idea?

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2013
    Würzburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey breese,
    uhm no, no idea. Have never tried it before. But you could basically just copy and paste the "MPRemote Server.dll" to the MP2 plugins folder.
    But no idea if it works o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom