New Release: 09/12/2008 - Streamed MP Beta Release v0.2.215 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
June 19, 2007
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Im too late.... Its already gone...

Damn timezones...

N.M Downloading now....

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The fonts issue is with the latest installer. Im looking into this right now.

Ok, just did some more testing and discovered this is only a problem if you had upgraded from the previous installer.

For those that already have downloaded, you should just Uninstall and the Re-Install.

Clean installs would not of experienced this problem.

I will see what I can do about the upgrade not -reinstalling after it uninstalls the old version (I think its something to do with a reference counting bug with the font files)

Damien

jdubbs23

Portal Member
    December 8, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm new to MP, and love the StreamedMP skin. I must be doing something wrong with the Music section though, because I can't change from the Shares view (which I hate). When I select a different view like Artist or Album Artist I get a scroll bar that never seems to complete with nothing else displayed. What am I doing wrong here?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    this is only a problem if you had upgraded from the previous installer.

Are you sure? I upgraded from a previous installation and still have my fonts in its place and working...

Is it possible you had manually copied the fonts at some point prior to the installation? It is also possible that this issue is OS specific.

We will be releasing a new build shortly with a few additional fixes, but will also remove the upgrade from the installer. The upgrade will be put back in the build afterwards, reason being is that 'Fonts' should be marked as permanent ie. should not be removed even if you do an uninstall. MSI recommends that all files installed under Windows directories have this property set.

Damien

knop3se

Portal Member
    September 19, 2008
    Ängelholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Very nice update, thanks! I especially like the smoother menu animations and the working volume bar :) The slight change to Moving pictures selected movie looks nice too.

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Is it possible you had manually copied the fonts at some point prior to the installation? It is also possible that this issue is OS specific.

I really don't remember exactly, but it's not impossible. BTW, I'm running MCE XP.

And I think I found the bug with MyLyrics (that must also be present in Shoutcast, but I'm not sure since I don't use it) : losttown provided also a common.window.default.xml file which seems to be forgotten on this release. It can be downloaded from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/337537-post7.html and after changed everything seems to work fine :

Only issue is the "now playing" window : The NEXT label looks a bit wierd and the text besides doesn't scroll altought it's too long for that line so it should scroll.... but this hasn't got to do with MyLyrics, it happens in all screens showing the "now playing" window...

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    But I have a strange behavior.
    I start MediaPortal and go to the Moving Pictures Plugin. Then I start a movie -> no problem. But if i go back to the menu and want to play another movie, the new movie is not starting :( The old movie is still running in the background (I hear the sound) but on no screen and I cannot start another movie.

The Skin is great! But I dont know why I have this strange behaviors. I already did a clean install of Windows... but no chance. Maybe you have an idea? Sorry for my bad english, i am from germany and i am still learning english :D

I dont know what I did wrong... but it is not going.

Here is the log:
    I started the movie DeathProof, went back to the menu and started Departed....

EDIT: When I STOP the movie before I play the other one... it is going.... so maybe there is a bug.
    This is a known bug. The root is a bug in MediaPortal that was fixed in RC4 but an additional change is required in existing plug-ins. For Moving Pictures in particular, this has already been addressed and will be made available in the next release (a few weeks away).

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    this is only a problem if you had upgraded from the previous installer.

Are you sure? I upgraded from a previous installation and still have my fonts in its place and working...

hey i had the same problem after upgrading the old version... i just changed the config by starting the installer again and the fonts were back again ;)

so you just hav the upgrade first to the new version (even without uninstalling the old one), after this start the setup again and change your config (for example the tv-guide from 8 to 12 lines)... and the font is working again.

nicx...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom