New Site - HockeyStreams.com - Development Thread (1 Viewer)

ronsonol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2007
    Kingston
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Also notice the stutter on play back. Most links do not play even when the game is still live.
    Here are sample logs where log.1 plays and stutters, and log.2 will not play the live stream.

Obelisk

Portal Member
    March 1, 2013
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'll check out a couple other streams this evening and if I get any stuttering I will double check with a browser and see if I get the same issue.

I know last night the Sens/Leafs game was quite bad until about the midway point of the third period and then stabilized and I was watching that on one of my PCs in the den and not on my MediaPortal PC which is attached to my TV. Later in the evening I watched the second and third period of the Oilers/Canucks with MP Online Videos via the new dll Geoff posted and it was perfectly smooth.[DOUBLEPOST=1381097031][/DOUBLEPOST]Of note they have been having a ton of issues over the weekend on the Hockeystreams site. They have been posting updates via Twitter and the latest update indicates they have a handle on their problems now. Should probably retest everything this evening.

Here is the twitter feed...

https://twitter.com/hockeystreams

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey guys,

I realized that hockeystreams has added a "Teksavvy" location... I'm on teksavvy and when I added that to the plugin, my streams are now smooth. I've uploaded a new version to support this.

It's now a configurable item like username and password. The available locations are:

GET:
    https://api.hockeystreams.com/GetLocations
    RESULT:
    [{"location":"Asia - Singapore"},{"location":"Europe - Amsterdam"},{"location":"Europe - London"},{"location":"North America - Central"},{"location":"North America - East"},{"location":"North America - Teksavvy ONLY"},{"location":"North America - West"}]

Use the exact text shown... so I use (without quotes) "North America - Teksavvy ONLY"

Edit: I uploaded this version so you can update inside MP with manage sites.

Cheers.

Geoff

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.Sites.geoffstewart.dll.zip
      6.4 KB
    Last edited:

ronsonol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2007
    Kingston
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Where can I set buffering amount? The settings for buffering in OnlineVideos Config do not seem to matter.

I still see freezes every 5-10 secs on some streams. It seems to help if after the stream starts I pause it for awhile before letting it play.
    Sometimes it works great. Othertimes, when it freezes, it is usually very brief, maybe a quick freeze for .5 secs and when it continues I miss that portion of the game. So if it froze for 3 secs I would miss 3 secs of the game.

Thanks for your recent updates!

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Where can I set buffering amount? The settings for buffering in OnlineVideos Config do not seem to matter.

I still see freezes every 5-10 secs on some streams. It seems to help if after the stream starts I pause it for awhile before letting it play.
    Sometimes it works great. Othertimes, when it freezes, it is usually very brief, maybe a quick freeze for .5 secs and when it continues I miss that portion of the game. So if it froze for 3 secs I would miss 3 secs of the game.

Thanks for your recent updates!

That's outside my expertise, sadly. I recommend posting logs and see if others who has worked on the mpurlsplitter can help.

Geoff

ronsonol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2007
    Kingston
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    In the logs.zip above there is a log file named.1 where video plays but freezes. The logs do not show much if anything on the micro freezes. I did some more testing, if i start a stream and let it play, if there are any micro freezes in the first 10 secs, I can pause for 10-15 secs and it plays well for as long as I have tried. All this could still be the result of server troubles they have had this week...I will use it more later in the week. thanks again.

ronsonol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2007
    Kingston
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Tonight is the first opportunity I have had to test more. I am not having much luck. Of the half dozen streams currently live, only one feed plays (of course with some stumbling that can be correct with pausing the feed for awhile to let it buffer up) Most streams, show the spinning buffering icon, but it stays on 0.0%.
    As if data is being received, but not being displayed...See attached logs for details.

ronsonol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2007
    Kingston
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It was cbj.buf game.away feed. but your right the avs.bs game away feed also works.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I can't find a pattern, I just watched a full period of tb/fla (yes, snicker away) and it was flawless.... but I can't start some other games.... they all have the same URL formation. I'm not sure why some work and others don't.

g

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom