New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG

NEW VERSION out:
    You all know my episodescanner does a lot more than scanning only for episodes (if you want).

Now i've added the following additional Features:
    1.) execute an external program every X hours
    2.) optimize MySQL DB every X hours

nicx
    i'm really sorry but i don't know how to help you.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG

Hi disaster123,

I just tried to get your latest version (21.01.) running on htpc.

It doesn't work, because it gets an HTTP 500 from TheTVDB.
    Cleaning the cache...
    deleting old Logfiles...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------
    got Win32 Codepage:
    got resolved alias:
    using MySQL
    File does not exist: 500 Server closed connection without sending any data back
    at TVDB/API.pm line 271
    now please upload your log.txt to the forum and describe your problem
    Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

the main issues are still the same as I reported before:
    - Disabling "TheTVDB.com" from config file is ignored (I don't need it and it causes the error above)
    - the debug.log doesn't contain the error messages seen on console

could you please check the config handling? I really like to get your tool running now on productive system :)

:D

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

morpheus_xx
    really sorry it is cause thetvdb is offline :) and if you set tvethdb = 0 thetvdb is not used but still initialized.

I've now disabled this - please redownload.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

thank you! this version works.

do you see any disadvantages to run the "run_once" from windows task scheduler instead of the "run_loop"? at least there would be no open DOS window in taskbar

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi, after some test I have more questions:

- is it intended, that recordings of type "once" are included in episode lookup?

- I currently have 7 series recordings, 2 are currently sent (Heroes, Legend of the seeker); My Program tables contains 75000 program entries, 9 of them got their episode number correctly.

the check for new episode information takes quite a long time, some minutes ( measured: 6 minutes ).

how did you implement the lookup?
    - select all programs from DB that are related to a series recording (would be 9 items in my case on 1st run), that don't have episode info yet
    - run the website scrapers against the 9 items to retrieve information
    - update the programs with episode number.

--> when executing the same a 2nd time, it should have nothing to do, right?

would you mind to share the sources of your tool? maybe we could port it as C# tvserver plugin.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

do you see any disadvantages to run the "run_once" from windows task scheduler instead of the "run_loop"? at least there would be no open DOS window in taskbar

No - it is just for people who don't know how to setup. Advantage is you see at any time what is does right now - so i like the does command line screen :)

Hi, after some test I have more questions:

- is it intended, that recordings of type "once" are included in episode lookup?
    Yes :) i also record sometimes one recording if i miss it - perhaps this should be configurable.

- I currently have 7 series recordings, 2 are currently sent (Heroes, Legend of the seeker); My Program tables contains 75000 program entries, 9 of them got their episode number correctly.
    For wrong or missing findings i need a debug log. If they contain öäüß i know why (missing codepage).

the check for new episode information takes quite a long time, some minutes ( measured: 6 minutes ).
    Only the first time - but for 2 series it should take a approx a minute... debug log :)

how did you implement the lookup?
    - select all programs from DB that are related to a series recording (would be 9 items in my case on 1st run), that don't have episode info yet
    - run the website scrapers against the 9 items to retrieve information
    - update the programs with episode number.

--> when executing the same a 2nd time, it should have nothing to do, right?
    It looks for ALL recordings. Then select for this episode all EPG table entries which do not have an episodenumber and seriesnumber.
    Then run all scrapers in a row until it finds the needed informations
    Update entry.
    Next entry for this series or next series.

would you mind to share the sources of your tool? maybe we could port it as C# tvserver plugin.
    Perhaps write me a PM please :) Will think about it. But as these german sites do not have an API you have to do a lot of Regex stuff.

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok i did some more testings: if i drop the entire tv epg table content and do a manual epg import from clickfinder its working for some time... then suddenly mayba a day later its hanging again... where could i look for the reasen? any idea?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

nicx
    try to deactivate thetvdb - also please use actual version (updated yesterday forget about updating first page info)

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi disaster,

after deactivating thedvdb and using the actual version its running now :)

one question: i am using hibernation on my server and it seems to be a problem with the running task for the episodescanner. most times its stopped after the wakup. is it possible to integrate the loop in the episodescanner.exe without the batch file? i would create a windows service for this and the service should run all the time and just use the wait parameter in the config file before running again.

nicx...

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

normally if you run the bat loop file exactly this should be fine cause when the db connection is lost a new process is started through the bat. integrating this into the .exe will mostly result in a crash and not restarting this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom