New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG

strange i've added a complete dumper on the struct - buit the struct isn't viewable. OK as it runs now we have to live with that - or mhm i can try to search for this :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG

Strange: I got the series information ONLY in debug mode stored to db.

Scenario:
    - 15 programs with episode information before update
    - updated with today's version
    - run_loop started
    --> still 15 programs :confused:

then I ran with "run_debug" (logs like above).
    --> it updated the missing episode correctly, 16 programs now.

question:
    do you handle errors in debug mode better then in loop mode? looks like debug continues to use 2nd source?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I've already modified the code locally so that also in normal mode this is handles correctly and it will also fix the bug you found. But at the moment i also add a possibility to let the episodescanner doing the thumbnail generation on the server instead of all mp clients - i've to finish this until i can release a new version.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

But at the moment i also add a possibility to let the episodescanner doing the thumbnail generation on the server instead of all mp clients - i've to finish this until i can release a new version.

That is good news !!! Takes load from CLients away to the server, I appreciate this. Will you also include the possibility for thumbcreation for other directories - thus disabling thumbgeneration on the clients completely?
    While just talking about "wishlist" - it would be great to limit Thumbcreation on a certain timewindow - cause I experienced that heavy load might cause problems for streaming - not 100 % sure about that.
    If this would be possible I would also require the possibility to send WOL packet - e.g. by calling a script.
    Or even better: Thumbnailgeneration should only be done, if the path is available - so no extra waste of energy and there is always some hours when NAS is online.. ok, I better stop "wishing" ;-)
    tnx, Guzzi

Alchemi

Portal Member
    April 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi disaster.

At the moment I'm testing your promising tool.

As I take it the tool looks for all missing entries (seriesNum and episodeNum) in dbo.Recording.
    Then it uses 'episodeName' to scan e.g thetvdb and finally add found informations into the MP-database. Right?
    One thing I don't understand: There are no entries in the database until a scheduled recording starts. When the recording starts the filename (...S%series%E%episode%... format in the recording options of TV-Server) is added with correct series and episode info. The database is also updated. How does it run with schedules? :confused:

The reason I like to understand the approach of your tool is quite simple:
    For new scheduled recordings it works, for old (imported) recordings it doesn't. :(

Do I misinterpret the tool or is it a 'bug'?

Regards
    Alchemi

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Guzzi
    all your mentioned features are planned / realized - you'll see this in the next version.

Alchemi
    not shure what you mean. It works not for recordings it works for schedules.

Alchemi

Portal Member
    April 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ahh. OK. I tought it can handle records also. :oops:
    Thanks for clarifying this.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

@Guzzi
    all your mentioned features are planned / realized - you'll see this in the next version.
    Looking forward to the release and testing :)
    tnx, Guzzi

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

@all
    Here is a beta of my episodescanner:
    1.) it includes thumbnail generation. It supports every tool you want (mtn included). I'm using mtn as primary and VLC as secondary thumbnailgeneration program - works fine
    2.) it fixes morpheus problems with wunschliste

Download: http://mp.prie.be/episodescanner_beta.zip

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey disaster123!

Thanks again for the tool. I have one odd question... For some reason, episodescanner seems to be retrieve the correct series and episode numbers from thetvdb, however, on some scheduled recordings, it is not replacing the episode numbers... Any idea why this would be?

Also, I sent you 2 pm's. The second you can disregard, as I figured something else out, but please reply on the first...

Thanks again,
    James

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom