New TVE3 plugin: AVM FritzBox / WLAN Repeater DVB-C channel scan helper (1 Viewer)

BreadPit

Portal Member
August 31, 2017
Home Country
Austria Austria
Update: "Scan for channels" works for TV Channels, if I uncheck "Radio Channels". SO scanning for Radio Channels does not work with FritzOS 7.00, FB 6490 and MP 2.2. final.

And the Version info for the Plugin is still 0.2 in the TC Vonfig Plugin section?

oskar242000

Portal Member
May 11, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok, It´s working very well on MP 1.21pre. But I´ve only access to one of the tuners at the time. I removed 'avm=1&' in the config file, but without success. The recording from the first tuner stops when I start watching with the 2´nd tuner.
Has some managed to use both tuners with MP 1.21pre ? Is there a difference concerning this between MP 2.2. and 1.21pre ? As somehow BreadPit managed to use both tuners in MP2.2. Any hints ?

Regards Oskar

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A new version is added to first post. Please give it a try!

Only chance is the automatic removal of the "avm=1" argument to support multiple streams per client (FritzOS 7 or higher).
    If you scanned before, make sure to do a new channel scan.

BreadPit

Portal Member
    August 31, 2017
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Does not work at all, no channel found on any transponder. (MP 2.2 final )
    You mean new channel scan in FritzBox (makes no sense, and still exports the avm=1 to the VLC m3u?) or in your Plugin? New scan with your new 0.4 plugin gives no signal for all transponders/channels.

Solution: what works fine in VLC and Kodi is if I simply change the parameter in the m3u to avm=0 , instead of deleting it. I can stream multiple channels to 1 PC with that. Without the avm parameter in the m3u, no single channel works in VLC or Kodi as well.

Btw, your plugin does not scan Radio channels for my Fritzbox 6490 (7.0). With my DVB-C repeater it works (7.01) . Can you also fix that? I think with these 2 fixes we finally have the perfect DVB-C 4-Tuner MediaPortal solution ;)

If you could also make it work with multiple devices (FrotzBox + Repeater DVB-C) that would be the ultimate thing.

Last edited:

BreadPit

Portal Member
    August 31, 2017
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Other observations:
    • I don´t know what the config file is for, whatever I change there is being overwritten with the next Plugin-scan, which seems to provide the avm=1 parameter

• It does not even work to edit the correct rtsp path in the TV Configuration / Channel Edit. This breaks the Channel, even though it is the exact right path that works with VLC & Kodi, all other parameters unchanged? Very strange, as if it contradicts some "hidden config" of your plugin?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Solution: what works fine in VLC and Kodi is if I simply change the parameter in the m3u to avm=0 , instead of deleting it.
    Ok, interesting. I got quite different results in the past, sometimes it did not work at all, the next time everything was fine. I found that doing a full new scan worked better.
    Anyway, I have modified the plugin to replace the url to "avm=0" (instead of removing). Please give it a try (see first post, version 0.4.1).
    Btw, your plugin does not scan Radio channels for my Fritzbox 6490 (7.0). With my DVB-C repeater it works (7.01) . Can you also fix that? I think with these 2 fixes we finally have the perfect DVB-C 4-Tuner MediaPortal solutio
    My FritzBox has still a beta firmware so I can't tell if the 7.0x works better or not. My repeater is at 7.0.1 and does the work now to tune 2 channels concurrently. I have no idea about the radio tuning issue, here I could scan them properly. You could try to power cycle devices.

BreadPit

Portal Member
    August 31, 2017
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok, interesting. I got quite different results in the past, sometimes it did not work at all, the next time everything was fine. I found that doing a full new scan worked better.. . You could try to power cycle devices.

Thank you! What's important to add: with all devices, I did a reset and started from scratch with 7.x . So new 7.x based DVB Channel scans on the Fritzbox, new Mediaportal Plugin Scan. With 7.x the avm=1 parameter came up, was not there before. Removing it breaks the channels, replacing it with avm=0 in the m3u works for VLC and Kodi and enables multiple streams to 1 client IP. Replacing AND removing it in the MP TV Configuration breaks the channels.

Interesting observation: after upgrading from 6.xx to 7.xx and leaving everything as it was worked as well for using 2 tuners at once! So NOT doing a full re-scan in the Fritz DVB-C, and NOT doing a MP Plugin re-scan after upgrading the Fritzbox to 7.x meant having the rtsp URL without any AVM parameter working with multiple tuners in MP.

But after doing a 7.xx based DVB re-scan on the Fritzbox brought up the avm=1 parameters in the m3u and the plugin.

So I test your new Plugin, and if it works I suggest everyone tests with new scans on the Fritzbox and the Plugin?

Last edited:

oskar242000

Portal Member
    May 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok success here, after deleting the config file and doing a full scan with the new plugin version I´ve access to both tuners at the same time. Thanks a lot. My setup: MP 1.21pre and DVB-C-Repeater@7.01.
    So I´m happy now.....

BreadPit

Portal Member
    August 31, 2017
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Congrats!

Which config file exactly, and which plugin version? 0.4.1 ?

Did you do a channel scan on the FritzRepeater based on 7.01 , or is it from 6.xx / before the upgrade?

Last edited:

oskar242000

Portal Member
    May 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I deleted the Fritz.DVBC.m3u. Currently I am using plugin version 0.4 and did the channel scan in the repeater only with 7.01. In 6.xx I had no channels scanned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom