new US imdb_com grabber file, adds SubTitle support (4 Viewers)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've been using this: http://filebot.sourceforge.net/ it will look up the the season and episode numbers in the format you want, using the series and episode name. It seems to work well.

Edit: it also renames the files with the new season and episode numbers.

Last edited:

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Charlie,

I think the listing example you show is from the imdb.com "tvgrid" webpage that shows 3 hours for a list of 40+ channels. In many cases that shows the season/episode numbers. If you click on 1 channel on the left side of the grid view, you get a listing for 24 hours for one channel. As far as I know the WebEPG engine and grabber can only use the "per channel" page and cannot use "tvgrid" page.

When you record shows, do you include the episode "name" as part of the file name? For my recording I use 1 of the series recording formats that includes %title%, %date%, and [- %name%]. When TV Series parses the file name, it usually can find all 3 fields and matches the episode name. But there are times I need to manually fix the names. I'm not sure if my brain is fully decoding what is causing a problem.

Last edited:

Charlie Sparks

July 19, 2012
    Morrisville, North Carolina
    Home Country
    Ron, your brain is decoding far better than mine. :) I see what you mean now. I guess there's no good way to scrape that data without making some crazy and intense grabber file. However, there is a solution for what I am trying to do. I use your grabber file to get the name of the show and the subtitle to create a recorded file named title - subtitle.ts.

This works perfectly paired with what TLD mentioned. FileBot can use that naming convention (with a little command line magic - filebot -rename "File Location\*.ts" --db TheTVDB -non-strict) to fill in the missing season and episode data so that the MPTVSeries plugin can find the fan art. It is decidedly a funky way to get the data but it works and I am happy with it. :)

Thanks you guys. You both have been very helpful!

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    There is a timezone and daylight savings time bug in my original May2012 version of the imdb grabber file. I updated the 1st entry in this thread with a new Nov2012 grabber file that fixes the bug and modified the wiki US EPG setup guide with instructions for the new grabber file. You now need to set a zipcode when you download listings so imdb.com does timezone adjustments.

I'm in the Pacific timezone and last night I noticed the EPG for my local 10PM News was wrong and that all the listings had problems from 9 pm until 1 pm or so. This is caused by a bug with how my grabber file was doing timezone corrections from imdb Eastern Timezone listings to local EPG (Pacific for me) timezone. There is almost always a 3 hour time difference between the Eastern Timezone and the Pacific Timezone. On the 2 nights a year when the US switches between standard time and daylight savings time there 2-3 hour window with a 2 or 4 hour difference between Eastern/Pacific time.

I guess a silicon chip design guy who thinks of time in picoseconds should let the software "experts" handle difficult problems with hours, timezones, daylight savings time. I've worked on a lot of intermittent timing problems but never saw a timing problem measured in hours that only happens 2 times a year. Now we have wait until spring to see if the fix works.

Anthyony Davis

Portal Member
    November 27, 2012
    Herndon, VA
    Home Country
    RonD, My issue using the grabber file is whenever I run it, my guide list everything with an "unknown" genre.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• www_imdb_com_jan2013.xml
      6.4 KB

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Anthyony,

The updated version of the www_imdb_com grabber does not have support for genres. If you are interested in genres you could look into using mc2xml/xmltv to grab EPG data. Schedules Direct also supports genres but I've never tried that option.

Last edited:

Anthyony Davis

Portal Member
    November 27, 2012
    Herndon, VA
    Home Country
    Anthyony,

The updated version of the www_imdb_com grabber does not have support for genres. If you are interested in genres you could look into using mc2xml/xmltv to grab EPG data. Schedules Direct also supports genres but I've never tried that option.

Thanks RonD, will this be addressed soon. It this due to to keeping bandwidth down for faster retrieval?

ascagnel

February 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Hi everybody!

So, I've been trying to get WebEPG running (my connection is having a bad time with DVB EPG, so its basically this or nothing). I have everything mapped up as best as I can tell for my area, but I keep getting ChannelId not found errors whenever I do a test "Grab Now!".

Here's a snippet of error.log:

Code:
    2013-02-13 22:25:36.144145 [WebEPGImporter(8)]: WebEPG: ChannelId: Unknown 541250-51E not found!
    2013-02-13 22:25:36.163146 [WebEPGImporter(8)]: WebEPG: ChannelId: WWOR-TV My9 Secaucus not found!
    2013-02-13 22:25:36.180147 [WebEPGImporter(8)]: WebEPG: ChannelId: PIX11 not found!
    2013-02-13 22:25:36.198148 [WebEPGImporter(8)]: WebEPG: ChannelId: WNBC not found!
    2013-02-13 22:25:36.215149 [WebEPGImporter(8)]: WebEPG: ChannelId: WNYW Fox5 not found!
    2013-02-13 22:25:36.232150 [WebEPGImporter(8)]: WebEPG: ChannelId: WABC-HD not found!
    2013-02-13 22:25:36.249151 [WebEPGImporter(8)]: WebEPG: ChannelId: WCBS-HD not found!
    2013-02-13 22:25:36.266152 [WebEPGImporter(8)]: WebEPG: ChannelId: WNET-HD not found!
    2013-02-13 22:25:36.283153 [WebEPGImporter(8)]: WebEPG: ChannelId: Unknown 715250-20DE not found!
    2013-02-13 22:25:36.301154 [WebEPGImporter(8)]: WebEPG: ChannelId: Unknown 751250-2BF not found!

And here's the imdb XML file I'm trying to use:

XML:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Grabber>
      <Info language="en" availableDays="14" timezone="" version="2.0" />

<Channels>
    <Channel id="WCBS-HD" siteID="WCBS" />
    <Channel id="WNBC" siteID="WNBC" />
    <Channel id="WNYW Fox5" siteID="WNYW" />
    <Channel id="WABC-HD" siteID="WABC" />
    <Channel id="PIX11" siteID="WPIX" />
    <Channel id="Unknown 541250-51E" siteID="N12NJ" />
    <Channel id="WNET-HD" siteID="WNET" />
    <Channel id="Unknown 715250-20DE" siteID="OWNHD" />
    <Channel id="Unknown 751250-2BF" siteID="WPXN" />
    <Channel id="WWOR-TV My9 Secaucus" siteID="WWOR" />
    <!--	<Channel id="KTVU-HD" siteId="KTVUDT" /> -->

</Channels>

<Listing type="Html">
    	<Site url="http://www.imdb.com/tvgrid/[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]/[ID]&amp;start_date=[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]/?zip=07950" post="" external="false" encoding="" />
    	<Html>
    	  <Template name="default" start="single_station_container">
    		<SectionTemplate tags="TB">
    		  <TemplateText>
    			&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td&gt;&lt;a&gt;&lt;#START&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td&gt;
    			&lt;b&gt;&lt;a&gt;&lt;#TITLE&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/b&gt;&lt;i&gt;
    			&lt;a&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/i&gt;&lt;#DESCRIPTION&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;
    		  </TemplateText>
    		</SectionTemplate>
    	  </Template>

<Searches>

<Search match="(?&lt;=&lt;i&gt;(?!&lt;a))(.*?)(?=&amp;nbsp;&lt;\/i&gt;)" field="#SUBTITLE" remove="true" />
      <Search match="(?&lt;=&lt;i&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;/title/tt\d{7}/&quot;&gt;)(.*?)(?=&lt;\/a&gt;)" field="#SUBTITLE" remove="true" />
      <Search match="&amp;nbsp;-&amp;nbsp;" field="#JUNK" remove="true" />
      <Search match=":&amp;nbsp;" field="#JUNK" remove="true" />

</Searches>

</Html>
      </Listing>
    </Grabber>

The channel IDs match what was first picked up when I did the channel scan (hence a few Unknown channels mixed in -- I'm not worried about this since I'm using XBMC to view, and can set the channel names in there), so renaming shouldn't be causing this. Similarly, once I import the channels into WebEPG, "Auto Map" works perfectly.

Any suggestions about why this is all messing up?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Hi ascagnel,

What version of MePo are you using? MePo 1.2.3 or 1.3.0beta (or RC)

I've looked at your problem for a while today and can reproduce the problem you are seeing. If I use my local version of the imdb_com grabber with my SF stations, webEPG works correctly. If use your version, manually map a few of my SF area stations to use your imdb_com grabber file, I see the same errors you see, but I do not know why. If I update your grabber with a few of my local channels, manually map my local channels, and do an import, WebEPG also works. For example add <Channel id="KTVU-HD" siteId="KTVUDT" /> to your grabber. If I modify the siteId="WCBS" WebEPG imports EPG for the NYC area CBS channel instead of my SF channel.

I do not understand why this is happening and have never seen this type of problem before. I spent a couple hours playing with this but do not understand what is going. I need to get some "real work" done for the rest of the afternoon and I'll try to look at this more tomorrow.

Could you use the forum message "Upload a File" option to upload some files from your system.

1. upload your modified imdb_com.xml grabber file, I copy/pasted the info from your message, but I'd like to get your xml file

2. export your TV channels to export_tv.xml, see the following in wiki, I'm only instersted in the TV Channels and TV Groups
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...erver_Configuration/14_Import_Export_Channels

3. delete the tv.log and error.log files, setup WebEPG the way you think is correct, do "save", "grab now", and upload tv.log and error.log. Also upload the following file that has WebEPG mapping info
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\WebEPG\WebEPG.xml

Since you are having problems with WebEPG, maybe try using mc2xml/xmltv as a way to get EPG setup and running. I still want to figure what is causing problems with WebEPG, but at least this should get you up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom