[News] New Website and Downloads Repository! (1 Viewer)

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Great job guys ! That's quite a massive jump. Well done ! (I must update my avatar and signature with the new logo now :D)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi CHli - thx - while you are updating ;) why don't you add your European TV & Radio Channel logos to the new repository where all users can find them? Much nicer presentation than in forums - then you can update your sig too :p

ewiles

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just noticed the new website and it's absolutely stunning!!! The basic look is clean and it's SO much easier to navigate directly to where you wanna go. And the promo video was top notch. Well done everyone!

vharten

Portal Member
    October 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, it looks very stylish! Great!It only tells me I have IE6 on my system and should upgrade, but actually I have IE8 64-bit, so maybe some work left there ...

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: New Website and Downloads Repository!

Hi, it looks very stylish! Great!It only tells me I have IE6 on my system and should upgrade, but actually I have IE8 64-bit, so maybe some work left there ...

tse..that one shouldnt be active at all...something left from the testing...removed, thanks ;)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Still confuses me that some users have an that ancient browser. Especially because of the security aspect.

You know, (even though our Homepage works with IE6) there are also plenty alternatives to IE8 like firefox (where a lot of plugins are availabel which make browsing the web a lot more userfriendly) chrome and opera.

In general I'd suggest you give one of them a shot. :)

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    infinite.loop

He doesn't use the IE 6 but the IE 8.
    And the IE8 is currently one of the browsers with most features to secure browsing like the Windows Features DEP and ASLR.
    Also the thread pro tab concept is superior to Firefox (3.6) current behaviour.

But IE 8 of course also have it downsides like HTML 5... (that's why i'm using chrome)

Users who are viewing this thread