Next version of MP2 (1 Viewer)

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
September 29, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for testing, please check also your log files. In case of any errors upload them here :)
After intense usage yesterday evening I can report no errors (y)
Just something that should be better improved is the installation handling of additional plugins. The manual copy of different net versions is not convenient and will result in many issues of users not knowing which version they have or not reading the instructions.

AdHu86

Portal Pro
January 14, 2022
Berlin
Home Country
England England
I checked my log files, there are no errors (y)
Because I’m already a happy owner of the new version no need to rush for me with a release ;) But I do not see any burden.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @doskabouter made a rework of the plugin and shifted the online sources to our mediaportal repository. I also saw that 90% of the sites are removed I'm not really sure if all of them were not working. If some of the removed were working I don't like the approach. But maybe he can share with us.

I indeed wanted to start fresh.
    For what I have seen, lots of sites were not working and its'too much work for me to check them all and fix them. especially if I don't know if they are used/wanted.
    So my thoughts (after thinking about it for a long time) were to start with a small set of confirmed working websites.
    If after the final release (which will mention this whole fresh start) people are asking why their site is gone it's easy enough to readd it.
    That way I'm more or less sure that all the sites available are actually working.
    And in the end, I'm really hoping some others are also going to add/work on sites because doing this with just one or 2 people isn't really sustainable if the number of sites is growing again (thinking mostly of high-profile ones like f.e. netflix)

AdHu86

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2022
    Berlin
    Home Country
    England England
    I indeed wanted to start fresh.
    For what I have seen, lots of sites were not working and its'too much work for me to check them all and fix them. especially if I don't know if they are used/wanted.
    So my thoughts (after thinking about it for a long time) were to start with a small set of confirmed working websites.
    If after the final release (which will mention this whole fresh start) people are asking why their site is gone it's easy enough to readd it.
    That way I'm more or less sure that all the sites available are actually working.
    And in the end, I'm really hoping some others are also going to add/work on sites because doing this with just one or 2 people isn't really sustainable if the number of sites is growing again (thinking mostly of high-profile ones like f.e. netflix)
    I’m not really agreeing to such approach, though I understand the situation of missing people to maintain everything. You are assuming that people will complain about missing pages. Most users will not even have a forum account and will just be frustrated if their page is missing, in worst case uninstall MP. Also how can people check all the removed pages if they are still working?

I think a more meaningful approach would be
    1. check which pages are broken and which are working. It’s 30 minutes effort to check all pages and I’d happily do that
    2. Remove only the broken pages
    3. Add a counter which pages are how often used to actually see where the focus should be. If then hardly visited sites are removed no complaints at all

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well I figured that for a working site that is gone now there would be at least some people active at the forum and shouting at me :)
    And if people are going to uninstall MP when there favorite site doesn't work anymore those would be gone a long time ago I figure.

I've created a latest set of the dlls and a more or less recent list of all the sites, so you can have a go at it.
    There might be some sites missing as I don't have the contents of the old server from offbyone, but in attached onlinevideosites.xml should be most (if not all) sites.
    You can put that xml in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal, and unzip the zip to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows (please backup those 2 so you can revert this when you're done).
    Do note that some sites might be geoblocked so they might seem broken.

As for adding a counter, that is going to be a tricky one.

I realize that the files provided are for MP1, but the xml and the Onlinevideos folder in the zip should also work in MP2

Edit: was a bit overkill that onlinevideosites.xml, all my experiments were also inthere.
    Better use https://raw.githubusercontent.com/M...eos2/master/OnlineVideos/OnlineVideoSites.xml

Edit2: the old list is ofcourse still available here OnlineVideos Sites Overview

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.zip
      1.9 MB
    Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can put that xml in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal, and unzip the zip to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows (please backup those 2 so you can revert this when you're done).
    It's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\OnlineVideos" for MP2.

I realize that the files provided are for MP1, but the xml and the Onlinevideos folder in the zip should also work in MP2
    Unfortunately no, the MP2 specific dll "OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2.dll" is needed. The files are not compatible.
    Edit: Got it, only the subfolder "OnlineVideos" of the zip file is needed. Ignore the OnlineVideos.MediaPortal.dll in parent folder.

Last edited:

AdHu86

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2022
    Berlin
    Home Country
    England England
    Well I figured that for a working site that is gone now there would be at least some people active at the forum and shouting at me :)
    And if people are going to uninstall MP when there favorite site doesn't work anymore those would be gone a long time ago I figure.

I've created a latest set of the dlls and a more or less recent list of all the sites, so you can have a go at it.
    There might be some sites missing as I don't have the contents of the old server from offbyone, but in attached onlinevideosites.xml should be most (if not all) sites.
    Do note that some sites might be geoblocked so they might seem broken.

As for adding a counter, that is going to be a tricky one.

Edit: was a bit overkill that onlinevideosites.xml, all my experiments were also inthere.
    Better use https://raw.githubusercontent.com/M...eos2/master/OnlineVideos/OnlineVideoSites.xml

Edit2: the old list is ofcourse still available here OnlineVideos Sites Overview
    It took me a bit more than 30 minutes, but I did it anyway. Below please find the summary for all OV sites. Remark: I’m unsure which errors might be related only to geo blocking!
    OV_Site_Validation.jpeg

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It took me a bit more than 30 minutes, but I did it anyway. Below please find the summary for all OV sites. Remark: I’m unsure which errors might be related only to geo blocking!
    So all in all 4 sites that are working? I wasn't far off then with my cleanup...
    Quite surprising that that polish site is still working.. that was created eons ago...

AdHu86

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2022
    Berlin
    Home Country
    England England
    So all in all 4 sites that are working? I wasn't far off then with my cleanup...
    Quite surprising that that polish site is still working.. that was created eons ago...
    Totally 4 sites fully working, but as mentioned I’m unsure which errors could be caused by geo blocking.
    Netflix and Amazon Prime seem fine, but somebody with abo needs to check.

Users who are viewing this thread