[TV] No canaldigitaal wen scanning (2 Viewers)

frans1966

Portal Member
August 31, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
To work-around this, I tried to perform a single transponder scan, but this seems impossible.
I have posted another topic regarding this one.

Regards.

To work-around the problem, I tried to scan a single transponder.
Unfortunately, this functionality (and found work-around on the forum) doesn't work.

I have posted another topic regarding this.

Regards.

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did a rescan, and I can confirm that say transponder 1 gives signal, transponder 2 no signal, transponder 3 gives signal and so on and so on. I have never seen that before. Mind you that DVB viewer scans the Astra 19.2 in about 30 seconds and gets every channel that is transmitting. That cancels out the tv-card.

If you guys use mysql i could post my database with all the scanned channels from 19.2 23.5 and 28.5

frans1966

Portal Member
    August 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did a rescan, and I can confirm that say transponder 1 gives signal, transponder 2 no signal, transponder 3 gives signal and so on and so on. I have never seen that before. Mind you that DVB viewer scans the Astra 19.2 in about 30 seconds and gets every channel that is transmitting. That cancels out the tv-card.

Ooh, did I not mention that in both DVBViewer as well in WMC 7, all channels are found. This is definately a MP issue.

If you guys use mysql i could post my database with all the scanned channels from 19.2 23.5 and 28.5

Thanks for the offer. I keep hoping that this issue is fixed one day. I remain hoping on a MP that will fulfill my basic needs out of the box since I prefer MP above DVBviewer and WMC.

Only the DVB-S2 feature is missing and I need that so bad ....

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ooh, did I not mention that in both DVBViewer as well in WMC 7, all channels are found. This is definately a MP issue.
    Can you please verify that the transponder you miss channels on is inside the transponder list of that sat?
    Means that it actually gets scaned.

frans1966

Portal Member
    August 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did just finish a clean install of Windows 7, PowerDVD, FloppyDTV driver 5.6 beta, et cetera ...

Again, not all my channels were found.

I immediatley updated the satellite list and did a rescan.
    Interrestingly, for some transponders, some new channels were found:
    Astra 19.2 11758000 LinearV 27500 New: 4 Updated: 13

Astra 23.5 11515000 LinearV 28500 New: 26 Updated: 0
    Astra 23.5 11635000 LinearV 28500 New: 1 Updated: 24
    Astra 23.5 12565000 LinearV 27500 New: 27 Updated: 0

Et cetera for my other LNB's

I picked on of my favourite missing channels: Nederland 1
    According to CanalDigitaal, this channels resides on:
    - Astra 19.2
    - Frequency 12515000
    - Polarisation H
    - Symbol Rate 22000

When browsing through the scanning log, I notice that this transponder is being scanned.
    The line in the log is red though saying there is no signal ...

I made a screenshot, maybe this helps :).

I again updated the satellite list and did again a scan:
    Somehwat less surprised, but it keeps picking up new channels.

I guess I just need to keep rescanning? Eventually, it will find all channels?

Regards.

Attachments

• MP Nederland 1 scan.png
      MP Nederland 1 scan.png
      81.6 KB

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    At Infinityloop, as you can see in the picture from Frans1966, you can see what I mean. The red transponder DO carry a signal, I know this because I use more recievers than only my mediapc. Sattelite Astra 23,5 is scanned in the same odd manner and Astra 28,2 gives a compleet normal scan.

Please guys take a very deep plounge in the tvserver and check it before progressing to the final version. Scanning is way of and tuning between transponders results in black screens. Also cam messages are popping up when they are no supposed to be.

frans1966

Portal Member
    August 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    During my 3rd scan, I noticed strange behaviour.
    It uses very weird SymbolRate values during scanning.
    I made a screenshot of it.

@Infinityloop: I am happy to assist you guys with troubleshooting, but I want also my HTPC up and running again.
    Could you please let me know if you want me to gather some more information. If not, I will reinstall my PC again and go back to a more stable softwareversion.

Regards.

Attachments

• Scanning 2.png
      Scanning 2.png
      105.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom