No channels found Ceton/Comcast (3 Viewers)

Firemogle

Portal Pro
August 14, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was able to watch TV on my frontend last night so I would say that worked. :)

Thanks for the help!

twiggins

February 7, 2014
Home Country
I am having this exact problem, I also have Comcast. I would like to try this patch if I could.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

oparada1988

April 16, 2014
    Home Country
    Firemogle can you share your initial setup steps? I'm confused when it asks the different options with can standard etc. I wish I could upload a screenshot but I'm at work. Thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1397631091][/DOUBLEPOST]To reiterate I have Comcast and a ceton 4x tuner with card. Wmc works beautifully but I would like to use xbmc for live TV. I'm having troubles setting up the card with scanning instructions and the likes. Thank you. Probably not on topic but PLEASE HELP! Lol

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm confused when it asks the different options with can standard etc.
    I'm having troubles setting up the card with scanning instructions and the likes.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rver_Configuration/02_TV_Servers/7b_Scan_ATSC

Make sure you do this first:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...2_TV_Servers/7b_Scan_ATSC#Tuner_Configuration

...and if you've scanned in any channels, please delete them and start over fresh to avoid problems.
    It is normal to see "scanning out-of-band info" and then see nothing happen for several minutes. Please be patient. It takes time - up to 5 minutes or so - to get the line-up info from the CableCARD.

Josue Ceballos

October 11, 2014
    South Florida
    Home Country
    Thank you all for your time and attention in getting this working on Ceton Tuners..

Unfortunately I'm also having issues with scanning channels. The difference, however, is that I have a 6 tuner Ceton infiniTV6 PCIe with a cable-card from Comcast. I have followed all the steps in this thread, including the wiki's posted by mm1352000 above, but no matter how many times I scan for channels using the Digital Cable selection I get nothing. I am attempting to scan now using the Clear QAM setting, but according to the wiki a Tuner, with a cable-card, hooked up to cable, should use the Digital Cable setting. What can I post or send you guys to help decipher my issue?

Just in case I am running MediaPortal 1.9.0 on Windows 8.1 x64 Professional with Media Center.

Thanks! :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Josue! :)

...but no matter how many times I scan for channels using the Digital Cable selection I get nothing.
    You may find it easier to follow the guide here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/cablecard-tuner-support-for-mediaportal-1.112585/

For your current problem:
    You should see a message: out-of-band service information. For the few minutes it will appear like nothing is happening... but this is absolutely normal. TV Server is gathering channel information from the CableCARD in the background, and just needs some time to pull it all in.

Once the scan completes you should see a message telling you the number of new and updated channels that TV Server found. If TV Server does not find any new or updated channels that means it is having problems getting information from the CableCARD. This is almost always due to firewall configurate. Ensure TV Server has full access to your network.

I am attempting to scan now using the Clear QAM setting, but according to the wiki a Tuner, with a cable-card, hooked up to cable, should use the Digital Cable setting.
    Digital cable is right. Do not use the clear QAM setting.

What can I post or send you guys to help decipher my issue?
    If the tip above doesn't help, post your log files. Use the MediaPortal watchdog/debug-mode tool with option 3 to export all your existing logs to a zip file, then just attach the zip file here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Regards,
    mm
    PS: It might have been better to start a fresh thread.

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    with the Centon/Comcast flow we got going here, Is anybody able to get the Music channels?

Josue Ceballos

October 11, 2014
    South Florida
    Home Country
    OK I think it was working all along.... It updated all 535 channels my tuner receives. I just didn't know how to load the EPG and match it properly but I've gotten it to work now. On a side note, is there any way to have WMC recording automatically added or even manually to MediaPortal? In MPextended I have changed the directory accordingly but I still see nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom