No channels found Ceton/Comcast (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahhh, another interesting point: the video stream descriptor in the PMT says the frame rate is 29.97 fps, but it has the StillPictureFlag set.
    It doesn't look like TsReader has any code to detect/handle that at present...

upload_2014-10-15_22-58-13.png

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sounds Good, hope it can be figured out!
    I have a million questions, I am very interested in the works of this software. So I will release them slowly.

Another question: HD channels stream very nice across the network just an pause every now and again. These are the high channels 803-up
    Channels in the low range 65-200 or so have many pauses, and these are SD channels (Kids Channels), boomerang, nick jr, sprout.......
    is there something I can do, so you can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cam, please start a new thread for your questions.

In addition to that...
    is there something I can do, so you can tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    No, I can't tell you what the problem is or what you're doing wrong. Simply not enough information. For questions like this you'll need to supply log files from both client and server showing the problem.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cam, the Windows application event logs are empty and it looks like the TV service is still running so I don't see any evidence of a crash.
    Having said that I do see evidence of a lot of errors. The errors look like they started when your tuner went offline:
    [2014-10-15 10:00:14,191] [Log ] [33 ] [INFO ] - UPnP device Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (00-80-8d-ca) removed

Have you installed the patch from here?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...for-mediaportal-1.112585/page-63#post-1056643

(Note you need to apply that patch after each install or upgrade.)

If so, I have no idea why your tuner would disappear like that unless you have a firewall that decided it was going to kick in and block TV Server's access to the tuner.

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    I did apply the patch yesterday and it seemed to be working very good. Until today
    Here's what I do with the tv server:
    1) I use excel to access the recorded files to compare to a database and then delete the file or rename it if it is not in the database (but it was crashing before I started with excel)
    2) I use team viewer to remotely log in

Firewall is turn off

So maybe this calls for a complete windows MediaPortal install?????

Thanks,
    Cam

Josue Ceballos

October 11, 2014
    South Florida
    Home Country
    On a side note, is there any way to have WMC recording automatically added or even manually to MediaPortal?
    You can import them:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...er_Configuration/07_Recording#Database_import

However, you'll need an matroska format XML file (like the ones TV Server creates) with each one in order for the import section to recognise them as recordings.

Ok thanks! I recorded one show with tvserver to see where the .xml recording database would show up but I can't find it.. Any tips? And how can I edit it (recorded tv .xml) to include the WMC recordings? This would be an awesome idea for a plugin I think: one that automatically sweeps the WMC recordings folder (or database) and updates the MP tvserver database to include those recordings.

Another thing I'm having a hard time with is channel numbering. Once I finally got the xmltv plugin configured properly all programs are downloaded properly but the MP interface doesn't display the channel numbers. How can I change this so they keep they original tuner channel number instead of just the network name?

Thank you for all your help, you have all been lifesavers with these posts and your lightning fast follow-ups! :)

Josue Ceballos

October 11, 2014
    South Florida
    Home Country
    Nevermind.... Found the file, so there's one for each recording?

Now I notice another issue... WMC records .wtv file whereas I know tvserver records in .ts format. Is that an issue for the playback of these recordings in MediaPortal?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Cam

So maybe this calls for a complete windows MediaPortal install?????
    I very much doubt it would help.

Like I said: it looks like the start of the problems was TV Server losing contact with your tuners. It is basically impossible for me to determine why that might have happened from TV Server logs. The TV Server could be at fault; the tuner could be at fault; something else could be at fault. I simply don't know.

The only thing that would help to investigate a problem like this would be a Wireshark dump from the time of the problem (Wireshark is an application that captures network traffic). Since we can't go back in time and get that dump, there's nothing further that I can do to help with that specific error event.

Looking forward...
    If this problem is happening on a regular basis then I would recommend to install Wireshark and start capturing to catch the next error event. Note that unless configured to do otherwise, Wireshark will capture all network traffic... which means if it takes a long time (more than a minute or two) for the problem to occur again you could end up with a huge capture file which would be impractical for me to analyse. I'm limited to a 10 GB per month internet cap, and I'm also limited in time. So, we'd need to find a way to produce a small/concise capture/dump file.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom