No HD picture with MP 1.0 (1 Viewer)

doogle

Portal Pro
October 24, 2008
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Thanks for that help. I used the Divx7 codec and I am now able to watch all HD channels - MP is now recognisable as a great solution. I notice in MP 1.0 that HW acceleration is no longer greyed out as it was in RC3, so I wonder if it's worth trying to turn that off while using PDVD8 decoder? (this is labelled for PDVD7 settings under Directshow filter). The picture is quite good with DIVX, with a little of what I think is called latency. I think PDVD8 might be slightly better, albeit with HW acc.

Anyway, it seems to be a good news story. Something must have changed from RC3 to MP 1.0 that does not like the HW acc.

:D:D:D

doogle

Portal Pro
October 24, 2008
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Hi

I haven't updated gfx or PDVD. As mentioned in an earlier post, I was able to go back to RC3 and all is well, then install MP 1.0 and problem is there again. (I did this twice & I'm confident that if I did it again PDVD8 would work in RC3) I had tried PDVD8, elecard and ffdshow with MP 1.0 - all caused problem.

DIVX7 works so far.

Thanks
Doogle

doogle

Portal Pro
October 24, 2008
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I tested the PDVD8 decoder without HW Acc and this also works, switching on HW acc cause my original problem, switching it off again and it works again.

But why? Performance was excellent in RC3, now in MP 1.0 I can't use HW acc and the performance is watchable but less than perfect.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I tested the PDVD8 decoder without HW Acc and this also works, switching on HW acc cause my original problem, switching it off again and it works again.
    As far as i know, this can only be caused "outside MediaPortal".
    You said that you did not update PDVD nor your gfx drivers, but maybe you installed some other application(s) which added/removed Windows Fixes/registry hacks.

At least i can not think of any change inside MediaPortal which would show this issue only with HW-decoding active.
    And, it works very well for others. :confused:

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    it's gone very quiet :confused:

Hi,
    Nope, but sometimes real life needs attention ;)
    As other says not much has changed which could cause failure when using hw acc, if your able to figure out around where (using svn updates for RC3) this got broken for you, it might help us a bit.

Regards
    Roy

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    As far as i know, this can only be caused "outside MediaPortal".
    You said that you did not update PDVD nor your gfx drivers, but maybe you installed some other application(s) which added/removed Windows Fixes/registry hacks.

At least i can not think of any change inside MediaPortal which would show this issue only with HW-decoding active.
    And, it works very well for others. :confused:

Actually it could be some changes in TsReader (not sure if there are any). Some codecs might for example not allow connecting to specific types of output pins when HW accell is enabled (i.e. when they know they cannot decode the content).

Who knows, directshow is full of mysteries... so debugging the issue is needed (and just to add some annoyance almost every single commercial codec stops developer from debugging (even running debug TsReader binary) as they always assume that the codec is tried to disassemble when they see a debugger...). So its more time consuming to try to figure out what goes wrong when only release mode binaries can be used.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @tourette :D

doogle
    please give us very detailed infos about your gfx-card / gfx-drivers / PDVD versions.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    HI

I had similar problems when I was using PD8 with Hardware aceleration.. I found 2 solutions
    1.- Disable Hw aceleration on MP config for PD8
    2.- Upgrade to latest Nvidia driver, 181.20...

My card is a Nvidia 8500GT
    Hope this helps
    Iosu

Note Divx7 does not use hardware aceleration.. So maybe that's the reason for working.. Hardware aceleration triki..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom