No sound and no EPG - Great picture though. (1 Viewer)

matonking

December 19, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
New to this programme as WMC is giving me terrible stuttering of images.

I managed to scan all my channels fine, and i've worked through the quickstart guides on setting up the EPG. (enable grabbing etc) but it doesn't seem to be pulling any of the information at all.

I have:
BGT 3620 dvb t2 card
w7 64bit

The sound is non-existent also. No idea why.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I've clicked just about everything related to sound. I can hear the clicks of the menu screen through my headphones, and when watching the TV I can on occasion (very infrequently) hear a "BLEH" for half a second. As if the TV sound is simply not coming through properly.

EPG still doesn't seem to be working.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: Sound

Open mediaportal config, see what codecs you have setup for under the tv section
    Need to know what is written here

saf6_tv.png

Re: EPG

Need more information as there are several epg methods.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/TV-Server_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG

Re: Support threads need log files

If you want help need to answer above as well as include log files
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Last edited:

matonking

December 19, 2012
    Home Country
    tv codecs.PNG

Thats the codecs I have set. Should I set it to what you have? Not sure what the heck they all are.

Going to have a go with the EPG today also.

I did manage to get it to search for EPG using WebEPG but not
    hing seems to of come up at all.

I'll have a look at the link you sent me though!

EDIT:
    epg.PNG

This is the EPG I have, it's missing lots of information. When using WMC it would get everything without an issue, including movie information. This is using WebEPG, it doesn't work if I delete the EPG files and turn off WebEPG.

I tried the link you sent me, and ticked everything and there is still no change.

TV epg 1.PNG

tv epg.PNG

Everything seems to be ticked. Still nothing.
    Log Files:

I created them going on a TV programme with no audio and the short EPG showing very little information.

Last edited:

Tallone

Portal Member
    October 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Freeview HD uses a particularly awkward audio format, which the Monogram decoder cannot, er, decode.

You need to change your LATM ACC audio decoder to either LAV Audio Decoder or DivX. I use LAV with Freeview HD and it works perfectly and has none of the annoying bundleware that DivX seems to push. The LAV codecs are one of the options in the MediaPortal installer - have a look in the codec drop down to see if it's available to you. If not, you can download the latest version from http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191.

I know it sounds insane, but try unticking everything in the EPG screens, exit config, then open it again and configure the DVB grabbing. It's worked for me before o_O

matonking

December 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Freeview HD uses a particularly awkward audio format, which the Monogram decoder cannot, er, decode.

You need to change your LATM ACC audio decoder to either LAV Audio Decoder or DivX. I use LAV with Freeview HD and it works perfectly and has none of the annoying bundleware that DivX seems to push. The LAV codecs are one of the options in the MediaPortal installer - have a look in the codec drop down to see if it's available to you. If not, you can download the latest version from http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191.

I know it sounds insane, but try unticking everything in the EPG screens, exit config, then open it again and configure the DVB grabbing. It's worked for me before o_O

Hey, thanks the audio works.

Still no luck with the EPG though. I tried unticking everything and reticking it all but it hasn't seemed to fix it.

Issue is, i'd expect it to "download" the data, but it doesn't actually seem to be downloading anything. Do I need to leave the TV running for a while for it to actually attempt to gather the data?

Edit 1:

I feel a bit stupid but, I didn't get the EPG because I was only watching the TV for 5 minutes at a time. Not long enough for it to download anything.

So next time some idiot pc noob comes on this forum and complains about no audio and EPG. Point them to the LAV codecs and be patient while it downloads the EPG data.

Thanks for everyones help! :)

Edit 2:

Actually, now there seems to be something else.

It's hanging up every 3-4 seconds. The image remains clear but it's as if the frame "sticks" every 4seconds for maybe half a second. It's as if the programme is lagging a little, because when I scroll the mouse over menu lists it hangs at a particular selection at the same time the picture hangs up and frees up at the same time the image begins to move again.

It seems to do it only in non-HD channels. The HD channels seem to work alright.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Your using LAV, go into the config app(shortcut) and make sure ur using the correct hardware decoding method, ati= dxva2, nvidia= cuvid, intell CPU only= quicksync

matonking

December 19, 2012
    Home Country
    SD channel uses mpeg2 codec, HD channel uses h264 decoder.
    Press shift+1 to display osd about codecs/stutter/fps etc.

Here is the file.

FPS jumps from 14/15-23ish on non-HD
    fps.png

HD channels seem to be much more stable at a consistent 25FPS
    FPS hd.png

What codec do you think I should be running for the non-hd??

My system is
    W7 64bit Home premium
    I5-3570k
    GTX 670 1GB
    8GB ram something or other hz rating

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom