No TV after upgrade to MP 1.0.2 (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Why this is happening I have not heard, all I know is that for a majority of people its working fine, bummer I know if you are not one of them :(

The only possible workaround I know is gibmans "don't use rtsp" fix.

Can you check that SQL service, SQL browser and SQL writer are all running on your systems.

Can you also see what connections are enabled in the SQL configuration\network\protocols

Should look like belows details, even though I'm using 2008 version of sql express.

sshot-46.jpg

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Can you check in the C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server folder that tvservice.exe exists.

You may have to re-install again if its missing.

CristoST

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 9, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    To the Problem I have after 1.0.1. to 1.0.2.

First I thought that after the Update TV-Viewing is broken but:
    After i have checked Firewall, SQL-DB, Config, WIFI/LAN, Codec’s and so on:

1. I found in the TV-Server-Config that i can preview some channels.
    2. I lose "only" the first 11 channels. (I have imported the channel list on 1.0.1)
    3. All other Channels are working.
    4. After deleting the first 11 channels: Complete Scan did not find the channels anymore.
    5. Also manuel tuning did not work (on the same cable a other DVB-C Tuner works with that channels)

Later i will send the xml with the channels that not working in Germany on Kabel-BW anymore (for me).

If I remember:
    1.0.0. The 11 Channels are OK
    1.0.1. The 11 Channels can be watched but no EPG
    1.0.2. The 11 Channels can not be found and watched

Example: 113000 KHz 9600 Quam 64

Maybe that helps to find a part of the Problems.
    I will have a deeper look to the Logs to find out what’s going on:confused::confused:.

PeteA

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    Kent
    Home Country
    Hi All

I have done a search for "login failed for user 'sa'" and see that MP 1.0.1 and MP 1.0.2 both use MSSQL 2008 and that 1.0.0 uses MSSQL 2005, is this correct?
    Also that many users have cured the login problems with 1.0.1, 1.0.2 and MSSQL 2008 by logging in with the SQL management console and changing the authentication method from Windows Only to Mixed Mode, is this what has to be done to cure this problem? If this is so then surely there should be a sticky on here for those of us that are not quite so competent with the SQL server.

Pete

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I have done a search for "login failed for user 'sa'" and see that MP 1.0.1 and MP 1.0.2 both use MSSQL 2008 and that 1.0.0 uses MSSQL 2005, is this correct?

Uses 2005 afaik, I have only just changed to 2008 to see if it works ok.

Connection does need to be mixed mode though, should be set by MP installer, unless not on a full admin account.

Luke Roberts

Portal Pro
    August 23, 2007
    IJmuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After the upgrade I had the problem that TVservice no longer worked. It crashed after abaout 1 minute.

Well... after a power failure my MySQL /mptvdb/programs table crashed. So I completely removed the mptvdb table with MySQL QueryBrowser and then ran TVconfiguration again. Then I did a fresh DVB-C scan on both Fire DTV cards. Now TV service is running as smooth as a baby's arse...

Beats me what was wrong... but it works now!

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    PD / PeteA - i admitted defeat last night and did a clean installation of 1.0.0.0. Now running "smooth as a baby's arse".
    I might try a clean installation of 1.1.0 when it's released.

Cheers

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    Actually did start to get TV service hang after resume from standby with my (freshly installed) 1.0.0. Weird as it never did this before. I now have to stop and restart TV service using MPStandbyHandler (as i currently do with the MediaPortal application).

So i'm wondering if i would've seen any of my 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 errors if i stopped and restarted TV service on resume....? Will wait for 1.1.0 now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom