No TV provider available (yet) (1 Viewer)

Derek AVK

March 3, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have installed MP2 on a server and MP2 on a client. I configured the server and client. When I try to view tv on the client I get No TV provider available (yet) error.

Derek AVK

March 3, 2016
Home Country
One odd thing I have noticed is that my HDHomeRun Config tool is showing that it is streaming tv directly to my MP2 server. If i set MediaPortal 2 server service to manual startup type. Then reboot the computer. The tuner is not pulling any data. But, as soon as I start the MediaPortal 2 service, sure enough it starts pulling from the tuner. And as soon as I shut down the service it stops pulling from the tuner. What the heck?

Derek AVK

March 3, 2016
Home Country
Hello? Is anyone out there? Time to try something else I guess.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just checked your logfiles. It looks like there might be network related connection issues between MP2-Client and Server.

If you don't need IPv6 it would be my first suggestion to disable it. You can limit the connection for the Client inside settings:
    upload_2016-3-5_17-21-20.png

And maybe limit IP bindings to specific addresses:
    upload_2016-3-5_17-21-38.png

Additionally I'd recommend to install the much newer dev-snapshot from here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-2-weekly-snapshot-2016-02-07.133630/. There were also some tweaks to the UPnP subsystem which might improve connection.

Derek AVK

March 3, 2016
    Home Country
    OK, I downloaded the latest snapshot. Installed that. I diabled ipv6, When I tried to set it to use a specific ip address it wouldnt connect at all. So I didnt do that one. I can try it again if you like. It appears to be getting closer. This time the tv guide comes up and lists the channels I have. When I click on a channel though, it shows a black screen a little bit of light around the edges and some sound that pauses from time to time. Btw this also seems to happen with all my movies. Some of them will at least come up and flash a little. Im gonna include the logs and some pictures I took of what I am seeing. Maybe it can help.

Attachments

• CAM00699.jpg
      CAM00699.jpg
      1.1 MB
    • CAM00701.jpg
      CAM00701.jpg
      1,019 KB
    • CAM00702.jpg
      CAM00702.jpg
      977.2 KB
    • CAM00704.jpg
      CAM00704.jpg