NooooB DVD to HDD questions (1 Viewer)

copperhead

Portal Member
January 9, 2006
I have used dvd decrypter to record one of my dvds in my hdd and i was wondering if that was all i needed to do to get mp to play my dvds off my hard drive. Do i need to do somthing else to make it work?? :?:

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    1) Use DVD Decypter to convert the dvd to an .iso file on the hard drive.
    dvddecrypter how to: http://www.doom9.org/dvddec.htm

2) Make sure you have deamon tools set up on your htpc.
    Daemon Tools download: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/daemonhelp.php
    Daemon Tools help: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/daemonhelp.php

3) Set up MP to use Daemon Tools...in the MP setup, General/Daemon Tools
    check "Automount .iso/.bin file using Daemon Tools
    use the Browse button to find and enter the location of the daemon tools executable
    make sure you set the virtual drive letter up the same as you did in your daemon tools program setup

When you rip your dvd, make sure it's saved in a folder you've set up in the MP Setup program under Movies/Movie folders

Click on the file name My Videos, the ripped DVD should play like a dvd was in a drive

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom